Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, topic ;)
i have been using Nemu64, but it runs kinda slow on my comp. is there any other one, or maybe plugins 4 Nemu like to epsxe?

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Man!! Project 64 is the best!! I've been using it so far and i've got no problems!! :p

·
Registered
313 Posts
I agree that pj64 is for sure the best one, but the topic is "the fastest N64 emu" and this one is exactly the opposite, The slowest n64 emu!!! minimum requirements are PIII 600 :eek: , might as well buy i n64!!! and some games! I guess this isn't a perfect world, you can get the speed (ultraHLE) but not the compatibility (pj64).
I know that pj64 uses reversed enginnering or some kind that sounds like this.....and that's what makes this emu so slow....(i'm guessing), well, maybe the world is perfect to those who have a lot of money eh?

·
Kupo kupo?
93 Posts
ULTRAHLE- FAST/AVERAGE COMPATIBILITY
CORN FAST/LOW COMPATIBILITY
pj64/sLOWWW/ VERY HIGH COMPATIBILITY
nemu AVERAGE/AVERAGE
well thats the most know ones

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Corn played StarFox 64 on my computer so fast, I had to "turn everything on" just to get it playable. Even then was a little too fast. Woulda kept using it, but it kept crashing at the 3rd stage I visited. :( Usin' Nemu, but I'll give Proj64 a go.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Isn't corn for 3dfx?

·
Old Geezer
148 Posts
Corn. The fastest I've tested among these:

TR64
Nemu64
Prj64
UltraHLE
UltraHLE-Z

Corn might have limited compatibility, but can be helped somewhat by changing to the latest .ini

The slowest computer I've seen it run more or less decently is a 233Mhz MMX computer (Cyrix) with a TNT based graphic card. ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Yup,Corn's the fastest,but it doesn't run many games,I'd recommend UltraHLE for lower computers,the only issue is that it doesn't run any of the latest games.

·
Registered
190 Posts
UltraHLE runs brilliantly if you have a 3dfx card, if not... then PJ64 (or Daedalus) is your next best bet.
And don't get me started on glide wrappers, I have yet to see a stable & good glide wrapper yet.

BOB

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Wow! Just tried PJ64 last night, works better'n Nemu for StarFox 64. More authentic visual, and less choppy sound! :) How could I have missed this? And supports FSAA! :D I'm converted! Now I'm off to find Zelda . . . :wink:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I use UltraHLE because my comp sucks ass, but the image and sound quality leave a *lot* to be desired. At least it's fast, tho. And it can run a decent amount of games once you get the latest .ini.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts