Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Uchiha Kotori Haku
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sent a mail about this:

"...The internet as we know it is at risk because of proposed new EU rules going through end of April. Under the proposed new rules, broadband providers will be legally able to limit the number of websites you can look
at, and to tell you whether or not you are allowed to use particular services. It will be dressed up as ‘new consumer options' which people can choose from. People will be offered TV-like packages - with a limited
number of options for you to access.

It means that the Internet will be packaged up and your ability to access and to put up content could be severely restricted. It will create boxes of Internet accessibility, which don't fit with the way we use it today. This is because internet is now permitting exchanges between persons which cannot be controlled or "facilitated" by any middlemen (the state or a corporation) and this possibility improves the citizen's life but force the industry to lose power and control. that's why they are pushing governments to act those changes...."

The rest of the text is found in this website:
Blackout Europe | Home

Act now!
Internet access is not conditional

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
I was sent a mail about this:

"...The internet as we know it is at risk because of proposed new EU rules going through end of April. Under the proposed new rules, broadband providers will be legally able to limit the number of websites you can look
at, and to tell you whether or not you are allowed to use particular services. It will be dressed up as ‘new consumer options' which people can choose from. People will be offered TV-like packages - with a limited
number of options for you to access.

It means that the Internet will be packaged up and your ability to access and to put up content could be severely restricted. It will create boxes of Internet accessibility, which don't fit with the way we use it today. This is because internet is now permitting exchanges between persons which cannot be controlled or "facilitated" by any middlemen (the state or a corporation) and this possibility improves the citizen's life but force the industry to lose power and control. that's why they are pushing governments to act those changes...."

The rest of the text is found in this website:
Blackout Europe | Home

Act now!
Internet access is not conditional
You missed one important part of that law... The limitations must be within the laws and constitution of the particular country...

But still, it sucks... I fear my days of limitless DL are coming to an end!!!:cry: But if that happens I tell them to screw themselves and look if there's a better type of connection(as I'm sure the providers will start racing who will give the biggest freedom)

·
Uchiha Kotori Haku
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also think the providers will start racing for the biggest freedom, but, the problem is also the money that each user/client can spend. I’m afraid that only the richest users will have limitless downloads.

I really hope we all can change this.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
heh the last place where we are truly free, within rights, getting taken away from us. what the hell did you expect to happen, people will always try to control everything for their own benefits. i'm guessing they will also try to use the old to prevent piracy excuse to ensure this bill goes through............ But id like to see how well there going to enforce this security, or how easily it is able to be broken. If changing your mac address, or hell even using a proxy (which would probably be laughable if it actually works) to break it with.

on a side note, it looks like the first step towards what i hope not is a Chinese style of internet censorship.

Edit:can anyone confirm this is what they are trying to do?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
heh i would expect so to, and i dont think there will be many people in the eu so happy about this, im going to wait to see the backlash from some popular internet community's.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
It's strange that it's always the dumb and ignorant people that has the seat of power...
Because the intelligent go for the business side of life and make money there over the backs of others, ultimately trying to force politicians to change laws in their favour. Besides, can you name any member of the European parlement representing your country? The only one I know is Neelie Kroes because she makes the news as Europe's cashcow, milking big companies as Microsoft.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.