Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Does anyone think this is a good idea?
Well you know that bleem have released bleemcast, Why does'nt someone port epsxe to the dreamcast? Just a thought...

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
It probably could be done.. The dreamcast is sorta like a pc.. With the right modifications and optimizations to the code to use dreamcast hardware.. But epsxe is not open source.. And the epsxe authors has enough on their hands at the moment with just the pc version.. I am still waiting for a sega saturn emu on par with epsxe to try all my saturn games on..

S

·
0 Posts
Dirk_gently, that would be nice (a DC emu for the PS2), but we don't even have a fully working one for the PC yet. At least not one that has been released. I would like to se a fully working DC emu on the PC. But I think that will take a while, after all Sega Cd emulation is just starting to move along and look how old the Sega CD is.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
68 Posts
(only) reaons to buy an X-box?

I've read rumors of a Dreamcast compatible X-box. I guess it was denied by both Sega and Microsoft, but were it true, it would be a very compelling reason to think twice abou the X-box.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Re: Completely off-topic (sort of)

Originally posted by dirk_gently
What we really need is a Dreamcast emulator playable on a PS2...
Why bother the Sega company will be making games for the PS2 and other consoles. I mean they have Crazy taxi out on the PS2, and their would be a whole lot coming our way.

·
(>^_^)> *KIRBY*
2,612 Posts
dreamcast emulation isnt gunna happen for a while... look how long it took get psx emus to run decently?? also wud be kinda hard cuz dc emus r gunna need a strong comp. :D but i think itz gunna happen...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you say that it could be slow then just take a look at bleemcast. It runs fine. Nice and quick. there are also 2 reasons as to why it is pointless making a dc emu for the ps2:
1. They are bringing out alot of dc games onto the ps2
2. the dc just happens to have more grunt that a ps2.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't think number 2 is true, even though a lot of DC fans wouild like to believe that.

The PS2 may be more powerful, but it might not be powerful -enough- to correctly emulate a DC at decent speeds.

As far as the games, IMO Sega and Sony would both benefit from such an emulator, I could even see an official one released by Sega. Why? Because Sega could sell more games, without doing any more work (other than implementing the emu.) And all of a sudden Sony would have another couple hundred games for it's PS2 platform, above and beyond the 500+ PS1 games, and however many PS2 games there are now. In the console wars, such an occurence could really tilt the scales in Sony's favor.

It's nice to dream anyway. I realize that it's highly unlikely that it would ever come true.

·
Registered
6 Posts
to reason ePSXe couldn't be ported to dreamcast, is that it isn't open source, and for all we know, some of it is written in asm, not C.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts