Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I'm not sure if somebody ever said something about this but...

If your No$GBA path is like in usb, it's always a bummer when sometimes you have to find the path again for it to work...

But not anymore!

I found out that if you drag the rom file into no$gba.exe, it'll automatically run it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

No more Open File... dialogs for me :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Couldn't you just associate you're files, it would be safer.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Not just no$gba by the way...this works for many many apps.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
All this means is that the program accepts a filename as the first argument (ie c:\no$gba.exe c:\romfilename.nds). Windows's behavior is that when you drag a file onto another, the source filename is automatically the first argument passed to the destination app. If the program doesn't accept arg0 as a filename to load, this obviously doesn't work.

·
No$gba Philosopher
548 Posts
What matters is the file format (.png, .jpg, .exe, .msi, etc.), so I'm guessing the program executable is looking for one of these.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Well sort of, no$gba.exe is programmed to open .nds files, and that's why it opens them when dragging them over the exe/shortcut...in the same way for instance the exe for an image editing program like gimp is programmed to open .gif, .jpeg, etc. files.
No a .exe can't open another exe and .msi is an installer package so it can't open anything or be opened by anything either.
Seriously this is not a revolutionary thing. If a program usually opens a type of file then just dragging a file of that type over the exe or shortcut for the program will open the file in the program.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.