Next Generation Emulation banner

381 - 400 of 421 Posts

·
I'd agree with you but we'd both be wrong.
414 Posts
Was just passing by for some PCSX2 support. Haven't posted in her for a while.

Here's some of my newer stuff.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
where were you enjoying the ocean this time?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
now is that a wallaby or a kangaroo? I keep forgetting how to tell them apart

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Ah. You guys have them running around that free in Oz? Here all wildlife, aside from monkeys and snakes, is contained to the Wild Parks. You'd never get an Impala or Duiker (both types of buck) randomly grazing in your garden one morning for instance.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Great pictures.
I missed this thread.

Australia is beautiful but CRACKED has scared me for life.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
During my short trip to Sydney I had the opportunity to play around with the HTC One camera a bit. I've concluded that the light reproduction the camera achieves is very good, especially considering that its a stupid phone camera. The only thing really holding it back is the resolution, boosting it to 6 or 8mp would give it a lot more potential, mainly for downsampling. That being said, the camera works great for its type, I just need more time to get used to the settings to take full advantage of what it can do.

For traveling and taking good photos, I think I'd prefer to carry around the Sony RX100 for proper photos.

First off some photos from Coogee.

In Darling Harbour. My old man was one of the engineers for the Novotel building.

Shopping and walking around the city. Queen Victoria Building, inner city streets etc.

I just remembered that I fixed the ISO to 100, changing it would have helped a lot.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Still testing your cam's night mode? Also you didn't try and take a pic of the super moon last week sometime?

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Nah just playing with high iso settings, seeing what kind of grain I get with the jpeg engine on the 5100.

Okay everyone strap in, ****s about to get real.

That's right, a $24 lens kit for smartphones! Hold onto your butts!

The sales pitch, perfect.

The instructions, crafted by true word smiths.

Lets try a regular photo by the HTC One:

Okay, now the wide angle+ macro lens:

Distortiony! Now the Fisheye lens:

It's like a kicking rad skate video! Look at that fisheye! LOOK!

Okay now for a regular photo of the ox king, taken close to see how the regular lens does:

Struggling to focus on the face. Too close, now the wide angle+macro:

Okay, not too bad. Now for just straight up macro (focused in really close of course):

HEY YOU GUYYYYYSSSS! Not too shabby really.

Now for another test, extreme closeup.

The subjects:

macro lens on Goku:

Pretty good. Now regular lens set to macro mode:

Now the attachment macro lens, same distance:

Pretty cool. Now my keys regular lens:

macro, same distance:

Overall, for 24 bones theres a lot of fun to be had. The attachment is sticky magnet ring attached to the phone, and the lenses then magnetise to that ring. Pretty janky, but effective system. Very happy with what came out of these goofy little things, the macro lens is pretty decent for a smartphone camera and under the right lighting conditions could take some shots that could make a passing grade, of course within the context of camera phones.

Get it if you want a bit of fun, of course get a real macro lens or wide angle lens for a DSLR if you want great pictures.

381 - 400 of 421 Posts