Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 421 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Friendly request: Please keep in mind that not every fan of photography has access to super fast internet connections. In order to keep the page accessible, please limit yourself to roughly 500kb per image. We won't be checking up on it, but if you'd like to post high-resolution images, please use thumbnails so everyone can enjoy your work. Thanks :)

I think gf made one of these threads once, but it's fallen off the forum.
Let's start again.

·
The one and only
3,658 Posts
Cool spyhop. i wish i had a DSLR. All i have is an SLR-like camera. Couldnt afford the real thing at the time :p

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
I think gf made one of these threads once, but it's fallen off the forum.
Let's start again.
The point here is, have you taken these photographs yourself? If so then cool, If not then it would be considered another image spam thread. One can watch all photography at deviantART too.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Just macro shots? how about something with a little more distance? Say a view from a hill or high building somewhere near you?

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Nice one Spyhop :D

Are these images altered in any way, like post processing on PC? I recently started to get into photography as well, despite still being a n00b. These are some pics I made during last year. I think I may have put some of them online before. The last one was made last night, as I heard that the sunset would be something special because of the volcanic ashes in the air coming from Iceland. It happened to be the 1337th picture with this cam ^^

Anyway Spyhop, I really like your sense of colour, such as shown in the picture with the dog. Also, how did you get the bloomish effect in the flower one?

Full resolution

Full resolution

Full resolution

Full resolution

Full resolution

Edit: Hmm, maybe I should resize them, let me know if preferred
Edit: Resized to 400-500kb each :)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
definitely prefered, you're gonna murder my connection :(

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I'm sorry Schumi, I hope this is a bit better then? There's a 500kb limit, compression sucks after all. Uploaded an extra image as well, as Aided Onslaught let me know he liked it a lot. The last one was a bastard to compress though. Even at a JPG quality of 80, it still hardly fit within the 500kb.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Thanks Cid, I was not referring just to my cap btw cuz with 512kbps connection loading also takes quite a while and if pics are too big some just don't get loaded as it times out.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Yeah, I understand. Thumbnails would help a lot in such a case. Let me edit the first post just to give people a headsup that a 500kb / pic limit would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Say a view from a hill or high building somewhere near you?
Edmonton at the end of winter is not very picturesque.

Nice one Spyhop :D

Are these images altered in any way, like post processing on PC?
I'll sometimes make minor adjustments to blacklevels, colors, exposure, etc in Lightroom or remove some minor artifacting in PS.

I recently started to get into photography as well, despite still being a n00b.
I'm also a noob

These are some pics I made during last year.
:thumb:

Also, how did you get the bloomish effect in the flower one?
Photoshop. Create a duplicate layer. Gaussian blur it a bit, then Overlay it on your background layer.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Ah I see. Well it certainly has a nice effect. I'm not good with image editing tools though, I suppose I like my images clean as well. The one with the monochrome background is just another setting in my camera. The sunsets were made using the sunset mode on my cam, the colours are less accurate but it does make things look nicer in most cases.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
@Cid
your pictures and imagination is good but I am afraid camera quality doesn't look all that great in many of the shots or may be you were using wrong settings.

1 - 20 of 421 Posts