Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It isn't as bad as the title sounds, but I just wanted to tell everyone how gorgeous the Rocky Mountains are.

I have a minor form a asthma, so when I reached about 2 miles above sea level, I was seriously at risk of fainting :O

Man I could barely breathe and I had the worst headache for the longest period of time :/

Even more so, I couldn't run for beans, the oxygen level was so low, if I were to run longer than 20 feet I'd have passed out.

On a lighter note, I still love the scenery. The mountains are HUGE and so pretty. It's a shame the pine beetles are killing the natural habitate :(

Anyway, has anyone else been? What did you think of your experience?

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah shopw some pics man! When I get mines up ill do the same thing, I have hours of footage I took too. I travelled through the Rocky Mountain Nation Park. I stationed in Grand Lake, Colorady and had a good time with my cousins. Now we are in Fort Collins for a few more days.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
remember the concrete boots i got made for you spyhop :D

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL, did I miss anything?

·
Here... take my hand
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, one side of the mountains looked like death. Tree skeletons everywhere because pine beetles ate the heart of the trees. I guess million of US dollars when into containing it though.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
As promised, here's some pics of our dives in Lake Annette.
Apologies for the graininess and color of the underwater shots, I forgot to take ISO off auto.

This thing was placed by some other divers in a certain spot about 30ft down. It happened to be exactly where we were descending. Scared the CRAP out of me.

My buddy

Fish

Log

Somebody apparently decided to stack some rocks while they were down there.

I was going to try to fix this pic in photoshop, but it looked kinda neat as-is.

Pic of a flower in our campsite.

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
This thing was placed by some other divers in a certain spot about 30ft down. It happened to be exactly where we were descending. Scared the CRAP out of me.
lol
man that must have been scary as **** xD

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Damn Spyhop, those shots are pretty sweet. Except for that lilly. Not that I have anything against your photography or anything, I just hate the hell out of lillies.

Nah, I'm kidding. They're very beautiful flowers, despite having a vendetta against my tear ducts and respiratory system.

aceloop said:
pine beetles?? good chance humans are no.1.
There are some trees in the back of mdkcheatz' picture that have a reddish hue. These trees are dead, and were most likely killed by the Mountain Pine Beetle, as mdkcheatz has already said. They're horrible little monsters and they're spreading like wild fire; they've obliterated hundreds upon hundreds of acres of habitat. Their cycles used to be controlled by the seasons, but now the winters aren't cold/long enough to bring down their numbers and so they just keep on spreading and eating.

That said, it's a great shot mdkcheatz. I'd love to go there myself if not just to see the animal and plantlife of western North America. I've never been further west than Ontario, sadly. Where were you? Canada or the US?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.