Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
I am considering getting this game, the xbox and PC versions of Butcher Bay were pretty fantastic and from what I have read the re-imaging of the game was done rather well.

From the screens though is appears that the Butcher Bay aspect of Dark Athena has a shiny gloss over everything, making everything look a bit sweaty. Character models are pretty sweet looking though, with fine work done on face texturing (flaws in characters skin look pretty cool).

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
It's a shame the ambient occlusion shows it down so much in every single game. It makes me wonder if there is a way to do this more efficiently. Right now I just fear developers will keep it in and we have to suck up this huge loss in performance since they'll just expect videocards to get stronger to make up for their inefficiency.

·
Irregular User
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ambient occlusion doesn't look that much nice here anyway, (it has 3 settings, off, low and high afaik)
And yeah, the game looks way too shiny than the first. some combat elements have been slightly added and no more quick save and load.

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
It's a shame the ambient occlusion shows it down so much in every single game. It makes me wonder if there is a way to do this more efficiently. Right now I just fear developers will keep it in and we have to suck up this huge loss in performance since they'll just expect videocards to get stronger to make up for their inefficiency.
Depends on how many filter passes devs use in thier SSAO shader design. Yes, the process could be more optimized, but there is no denying it is just a intensive shader effect.

Yes, almost all game devs are extremely complacent with just letting GPU technology make up for thier lack of skills, and thats the way it is.

*expects Shashclp to say something more on SSAO, like iq/RGBA's godlike SSAO shader coding abilities*

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
its funny, maybe its a coincidence but I onlysee pc game screenshots here on this forum once it has been cracked... especially when the rid**** pics posted soon sfter when a working crack came out for it
You seem rather well informed about crack releases as well though :dead:

Feel free to put your doubts behind these if you like, but this is an issue that's been debated a few times before and there is no reason for a witch hunt on such things. Would you rather have someone post a picture of his box in the "Show pictures of your new games" thread first before getting permission to show shots?

It's just coincidence, nowadays most people wait for others who have cracked the game to report if it's worth buying ;)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
im not fbi, its just a pattern im seeing and for a site thats no piracy rules.... okay i agree that cracking isnt piracy but seeing screenshots right after it is different..... anyways i got to admit that game is great but i dont know if you are aware though but the beta drivers done by nvidia to speed up rid**** dark athena make the screen render random coloured pixels on screen after running any game.... StillI can run the game ata high framerate on max settings anyways but i would like to confirm anyone else having the same issue with the latest beta drivers

·
I Am Merely A Pawn...
826 Posts
laguna: it's a don't ask, don't tell policy. if someone does or doesn't crack their game is up to them. so it doesn't matter if the screenshot comes from a cracked version or legitimate version, it's if the person discloses that the game is cracked or not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.