Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Friends, lets have a nice little thread about PC cases.

--------

I've been wanting to change the case in my home entertainment setup for a while, I currently run a Bitfenix Phenom M, but I've grown increasingly tired of the front panel looking like a piece of crap that can't be cleaned easily. Coupled with the fairly poor airflow I'm done with it.

For my setup I want something that can lie on it's side, matx, has radiator support and enough space to store 2 5.4" hdd and an ssd, but not an overly large case. Preferably something that doesn't look like complete gamer ass.

I looked at the HTPC cases but they severely lack cooler support and are kinda weak overall. The fractal 605 would have been perfect but it's been out of production for a long time.

After exhaustive searching I might finally have a winner. Keeping in mind it's going to be sitting horizontally next to a speaker at the base of my setup.

http://www.thermaltake.com.au/Chassis/Desktop_/Versa/C_00003148/Versa_H18_/design.htm

I think the mesh look will be great, at streaming and idle my current fans are inaudable, but I want something with better airflow for playing more intensive games. Lying on it's side it has a look like a speaker, enough hdd storage and the feet can be removed for better symmetry. How a budget case became one of my best options I have no idea, but I think it ticks every box I require.

The other option could possibly be the Corsair Carbide 240. It seems like a great cube case, but I'm not if the aesthetic would match my setup. Definitely a good looking case, but I'm note entirely convinced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts