Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on one of my rambles (I like to call them random walks), I came upon this website called The Brick Testament .

It's a site done by a certain Rev. Brendan Powell Smith, which tells stories of the bible using LEGO figures. I found it to be very amusing, so I did a search on Amazon, where I found a hardcopy of it.

See one example of its contents:

Dt 21:18 'If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not listen to the voice of his father...'

Dt 21:18 '...or his mother...'

Dt 21:18 '...even when they punish him...'

Dt 21:19 '...his father and mother must take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town.'

Dt 21:20 'They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard."'

Dt 21:21 'All the men of the town must then stone him to death. You must banish this evil from among you.'

- The End -

:lol: :rotflmao: :lol:

It's all there in the bible . You can check it for yourself, as the chapter and verse numbers are always provided.

BTW, this is what one Amazon.com reviewer said about the book:

"WARNING NOT FOR CHILDREN" The LEGO theme is a deceptive way to entice parents, grandparents, etc. into buying this horrible book for their little ones. This is a sick, perversion of God's Book and should only be sold with a WARNING LABEL.
Maybe you should <sell this book in stores that specialize in Satan worship, the occult, etc.it certainly portrays God and His way as evil. This would surely please those who are anti-God, anti-Christian, etc.
The only reason there is 1 star to rate this book is because there
is no way to insert a ZERO!
:lol: It's certainly worth a look if you want a good laugh ;)

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
N1ghtw0lf said:
Thats great...Funniest thing i've seen for a while :p
The Crucifixion is way better than in Mel Gibson's Passion :p

The entire gospels are great ;)
I think I'll read the whole thing. It's the funniest way to read the bible ;)

(/me waits for the theists to show up and say that it's all a misinterpretation of the bible)

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Boltzmann said:
The Crucifixion is way better than in Mel Gibson's Passion :p

The entire gospels are great ;)
I think I'll read the whole thing. It's the funniest way to read the bible ;)

(/me waits for the theists to show up and say that it's all a misinterpretation of the bible)
I was gonna say the exact same thing about Theists...My mom is really religious but she's the kind of person who would think its hilarious, but i know other people who would be all "they are mocking the bible, how unthoughtful" :p

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
... ok now this is some creative way of getting your childhood thraumas out :p... though I don't find it that funny I must acknowledge its quite original ^^

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Proto said:
... ok now this is some creative way of getting your childhood thraumas out :p... though I don't find it that funny I must acknowledge its quite original ^^
same here. its not hilarious but amusing. i went threw the the garden of eden from the Genesis :p i might check others lol

interesting find Boltz

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
As dumb as ever, even more since it's in lego form :p

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Raziel said:
As dumb as ever, even more since it's in lego form :p
I'm going to kill you for it, you infidel. The bible taught me all about religious tolerance :

Dt 13:13-15 'If you hear that in one of the towns, there are men who are telling people to go and worship other gods, it is your duty to look into the matter and examine it.'

Dt 13:15-16 'If it is proved and confirmed, you must put the inhabitants of that town to the sword.'

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Boltzmann said:
I'm going to kill you for it, you infidel. The bible taught me all about religious tolerance :

Dt 13:13-15 'If you hear that in one of the towns, there are men who are telling people to go and worship other gods, it is your duty to look into the matter and examine it.'

Dt 13:15-16 'If it is proved and confirmed, you must put the inhabitants of that town to the sword.'

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Seems like Bush likes this part.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Well personally I think some of it is funny, some of it is ok, and some of it is just wrong. But I'm sure it could be easily fixed up to be a childs book. Minor fixes to some slides and such. I'm sure chldren would much rather read a lego bible than the normal one. But then again the slides do show the literal translation of the bible... it's not like he is adding anything to it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
:lol: :rotflmao:

Proving once again what a perverting brainwashing tool relig... I mean Lego... can be. ;)

It reminds me of those Mad TV violent claymation parodies of Rudolph and Charlie Brown.

When you read the stoning one, try mentally inserting the voices of South Park characters:

"This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious, mmmmm'kay?
He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard, mmm'kay?"

Cartman: "Ow, dammit! Quit it you jackasses!"

:lol:

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Valcrist said:
*cough* stupid *cough*

Yeah original....sure, everything that makes fun of a religion is original....:p ~whatever
It's not really "making fun" of religion, its just teaching it in a less serious way. You can either have 5-10 year old look at these lego fixtures, or would you prefer that their parents send them to see the passion and scar them for life? :p

·
Registered
170 Posts
This maybe a long shot, but i don't think the objective is to teach little children about the bible...more on satirizing the not-so-good spots of the the book...like this
but i must admit that is represent magniflicly the good advices...like this one....humm hot shower after sex..goooood

PAX OTENIS

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
well, if it was in the bible, they aren't really defacing anything they said nor misinterpreting it. Sure its made that way for comical reasons, but its not saying anything bad about it or making any jokes about it.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oten said:
This maybe a long shot, but i don't think the objective is to teach little children about the bible...more on satirizing the not-so-good spots of the the book...like this
but i must admit that is represent magniflicly the good advices...like this one....humm hot shower after sex..goooood

PAX OTENIS
As N1ghtw0lf pointed out, it's not making fun of anything. Just showing the bible as it is. You can check the bible for yourself and see that they haven't altered anything.

Of course, the objective of the site is to show the most violent, cruel, absurd or ridiculous (or just epical :p ) passages of the bible.

Most people really ignore that the bible has passages about stoning your son to death, or killing people in cities who worship another gods. And that's why I could never understand people saying that the bible has only good advice on it :???:

BTW, this passage you linked about female infidelity is just a great example of how christianism was a magical religion way back. It absorbed a lot from the pagan religions surrounding it, just like Joseph Campbell has said.

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
it just me or this religion yust love stones?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts