Next Generation Emulation banner

Best Resident Evil for playstation until now?

• Resident Evil 1(including director's cut)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Resident Evil 2

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Resident Evil 3 Nemesis

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Resident Evil Survivor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They all s***

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So what do you think is the best psx resident evil game until now?

Well my personal choice is Resident Evil 2 with so much of replay value(two damn good cds both with different scenarios and different games and extra items to find out,Man I love this game).

I feel all are good (except for that survivor).

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
RESIDENT EVIL II!

but the scene that really scared the living $hit out of me was the one in RE1 (that damn dog!). Its amazing how we remember these things.. ehehehe:D

·
Registered
775 Posts
The first one baby!!!!!

The first Resident Evil for me. The thing that was cool was when there was something on the desk (a memo), and a zombie popped out from the closet. Plus reading the memo (if anyone remembered that), now thats some cool scenerio.

Plus when looking at the GameCubes aspect of RE 1. You'll be definitely horrified:D

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
RE1... seems like all the other RE's concentrate on puzzle, while RE1 concentrates more on scaring the s**t out of you :)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Well i've played them all (exept codename Veronica) and i must say that the 1st was really god cause of the inovacion and all that. But i voted Nemesis cause i think it was the best. And the Mercenaries game in Nemesis is kinda of fun!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
RE1 is my favorite, I didn't like RE2 because it didn't make too much sense for me (I played all the way through all the scenarios and everything). And RE1 seemed to keep the classic "horror mansion" theme that really worked out well. A "horror police station" (that was too big for it's own good) really isn't scary. And RE3 just lost all the magic, to me. But for some reason I liked RE:CV.... and Survivor was pure crap, such as when the lickers jumped at you, all kinds of slow and everything was just terrible.... oh well.... GO RE1!!!!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RE-0 ?

Hey somewhere I heard about RE-0.Does it really exists(or gonna come)?Or is it just a fake story?

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
RE-0 will be released on GameCube sometime next year or in 2003,it's not fake,it used to be planned for the N64 but it will come out on the GC.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Forgot to say that I vote for RE2,so beautiful and fun!

·
Trans-Am Mode
998 Posts
RE-1

voted for RE-1. this is the most challenging RE ever. lacking the emotions (red health=can't run/hurt action) makes this the most challenging. (for me of course:) )

RE-2 has the most replay value, like prafull said.
RE-3 is the most annoying.(for me) "STARS"

RE-survivor didn't play it, my buddies said this one is more of a shooting game to them.

they are all great if you ask me...

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
I'd vote for RE Code Veronica on the Dreamcast, but its not on the poll.. Of course it ain't a psx game.. RE CV reminds me of RE1 with its scary moments and plays like RE2.. This one scene where you see a 2 dead bodies on a table.. You enter the next room and come back and one of the bodies on the table is eating the other dead body.. You shoot him then the dead body that he was eating suddenly jumps up at you!! eeek!!!

I vote for RE2 dual shock version on the psx.. Although I liked RE CV on the DC the best..

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
hhmmm....it's a tough pick, but i put RE1 over RE2.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Definitely the one with the mauled dogs. That scared me senseless. I was playing it at around midnight with no lights on and the sound turned REALLY loud when it happened. Afterwards when I went to my bedroom, I sat in the corner furthest away from the windows with a baseball bat for the day. I flunked my french quiz the next day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts