Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, i read other post, but they only talk about drivers , directx visual c++, and other things.
But i want to know what is the processor like Dolphin, the minimum to run it with a fast fps, i know the intel icore, is the perfect, but a want to know waht is the minimum.
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
HI, i read other post, but they only talk about drivers , directx visual c++, and other things.
But i want to know what is the processor like Dolphin, the minimum to run it with a fast fps, i know the intel icore, is the perfect, but a want to know waht is the minimum.
Thank you very much.
Your best way to buy is.. Wii. Its cheaper. We have wii and we test wii emulator for purpose. I suggest you to buy Wii. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your best way to buy is.. Wii. Its cheaper. We have wii and we test wii emulator for purpose. I suggest you to buy Wii. :rolleyes:
Ok ok, dont say that to me, i make a simple question , what you do with the emulator is your problem not mine, i dont question about piracy, why dont you tell that to omegadox in the post about the requirements of the emulator, he mention models of cards and SOME processors, i want to know what model of AMD or INTEL is good TO "TEST" the emulator.
I want more sugestion thank you!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mmm maybe the processor need 3.0ghz up to run properly...

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Ok ok, dont say that to me, i make a simple question , what you do with the emulator is your problem not mine, i dont question about piracy, why dont you tell that to omegadox in the post about the requirements of the emulator, he mention models of cards and SOME processors, i want to know what model of AMD or INTEL is good TO "TEST" the emulator.
I want more sugestion thank you!!!
Yes but Wii is cheaper.. What you ask is more expensive than Wii console. The Wii Emulator is still far from being perfect anyway.:dead:

·
Registered
21 Posts
With an AMD Athlon64 X2 BE-2350 oced to 2400Ghz, I only get approx 350Mhz average on the emulator. If I play wii-sports, I only get 20-25fps. So it sounds like 3ghz is the minimum needed to have something playable. I have read that intel CPUs seem to run better, even lower frequency models seem to have reports of running better.

In my case, I don't want to upgrade everything, I want the cheapest approach. I'm not sure which CPU I would need. Maybe a 5600 oced. I have a biostar k8m800 which can only seem to change freq, not multiplier, so I can only get about a 10-15% increase in speed.

·
Registered
198 Posts
my C2d E6600 @ 2,4 ghz runs most games at good speed - don't think i get much more if i clock it to 3ghz:)
yep, 3ghz is perfect, but around 2.5 is good enough, i have 2.4 too and i get nice fps, almost perfect in most games

·
Registered
815 Posts
I find pushing the processor to 3.0ghz makes a difference. Actually some games are getting too fast now, I need to use the throttle. Mario Sunshine is one game that's too fast. But generally the faster the better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2.4Ghz seems to be good enough for intel CPUs. However I have an AMD platform (Socket AM2). I'm running 2.4Ghz now and it is no where near fast enough. Wii Sports runs at 15-22fps 350mhz. That makes me wonder if a 3ghz CPU would even be fast enough. I was thinking about a 5600+ (2.8ghz), I could prob OC it up to 3.1 or 3.2. Perhaps because AMd doesnt fully support SSE4 yet

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2.4Ghz seems to be good enough for intel CPUs. However I have an AMD platform (Socket AM2). I'm running 2.4Ghz now and it is no where near fast enough. Wii Sports runs at 15-22fps 350mhz. That makes me wonder if a 3ghz CPU would even be fast enough. I was thinking about a 5600+ (2.8ghz), I could prob OC it up to 3.1 or 3.2. Perhaps because AMd doesnt fully support SSE4 yet
mm i start to think that the amd processors dont had anything to do with the emulators, maybe in the low models of 2 cores intel wins(and it seems in the high models too!).
I dont know if is any difference with th AMD Phenom Processors x2 , x3, x4.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i use a quadcore q9550 (oc @3,7 ghz), when i turn off dps throttle, Smashbros Melee runs exactly 4 times faster than normal speed. (putting 1/4 speed in training mode makes it normal again ^^)
all games run perfectly, also wii games just like brawl or mariokart wii

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.