Next Generation Emulation banner

Which of these crappy designs is the best?

• pic 1 - "ngemu" Mary

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • pic 2 - "original" Mary

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • pic 3 - "beta" Mary

Votes: 9 25.7%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, folks. Not that I think I'm good at drawing or anything, but I'm in a design crisis, so I'm gonna ask you folks which Mary you like best/looks best...

for the ppl who don't know; Mary is some comic character I thought up once. Her design has changed way too often, allthough there are a few 'generic' designs, posted below.

So, which one is it gonna be?

pic1 - "ngemu Mary" - the version most seen here, hence the name.

pic 2 - "original Mary remake" - a modern version of what Mary originally looked like (sort of)

pic 3 - "new preliminary design (unfinished) - not really finished yet, this is mostly a tryout.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I like number 1 the best. It just screams Mary! The other two just don't look right IMO. They look nice, but not Mary-ish :p

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I like the first one the most but about the breasts: They are a bit too 'hangerig' A little smaller will look better IMHO. Or at least a bit 'steviger' ;)
Sorry for the dutch terms, but it's clearer for Samor this way.

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Go original Tomatos,..err, I mean, Mary!

Yours,
-Elly

·
Registered
416 Posts
i would prefer number three (but maybe it is difficult to draw it often, hats arn't easy ~.~ - after that i would take head of picture one)
the clothes from beta mary are okay... only could u choose an other treasure than blue jeans with flare (?) @[email protected] (*flüster* schlaghose, jeans die zum fuss hin immer weiter wird..)

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
the second one

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
I like one cause it seems more refined while two seems more outgoing and three is just well incomplete.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Number 2 here, though number 1 is close behind ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
and If I redrew no.1 (like in my avatar ;) ) ?

(I'm a little surprised, I half-expected that no1 would win hands down)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Hum number 2 is the best imo, 3 comes next. Nice drawings Samor.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How's this drawing? It's "no.1" but with my current style (which hopefully means I improved a little).

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok, a few observations.

- it seems the "original" Mary design is the most popular one; it's actually less known than the other (1) yet it has a lead, I think that says something.

- Seeing as Popuri represents the majority of the female ngemu population ;P , we can assume that women have actually a better feeling for trendy clothing, and males prefer the traditional look. haha. ;P

- Certain comments tell me I've got to stop playing DOA, since it gives me a warped perspective of reality :D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts