Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im new and i am planning on buying a new computer soon . i want to know what would be the best everything( i mean processor, motherboard, graphics cars,everything) to run this type of emulator and maybe the xbox/dreamcast/dolphin emulator too. I dont want a minimum or anything like that i just want the best u can get but u know as cheap as it gets (around 1000).

thanks

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
For pcsx2 you need a very fast Dual core (core2duo) cpu like around 3GHZ, more speed is better.
For graphics card you can go for an 8800GT or 9600GT
and add 1GB ram to that and you will have a pc decent enough to run PCSX2 for most of the games.
That all should come cheap. Prices very from country to country so you should checkout the retailers nearby.

·
Registered
230 Posts
idk why but it seems CPU development got slower lately. I thought 3GHz dual core came out yr ago and it's still the best. When will I see 4Ghz dual core :(

I hope PCSX2 support quad core so I don't have to worry about 4Ghz dual core :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the quick response redloffredlof but hey does alienware have anything have would be good for pcsx2

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Well since you want the best config, a friendly advice would be to try googling a little or you could try talking with nasa i heard they have some preatty powerfull PC's.

Since i'm a nice guy, il tell you some of the brands you need to watch for if you want the best at this hour, though it would be wise to wait a little more (cause of Windows 7 & DirectX 11) so here it starts: ATi for videocard (at this hour there cheap and have good performance but who knows what Nvidia has planned for there next generation). Intel dual core cpu (since the emu's use max 2 cores),still the best overall cpu would be a quad core cpu & a good cooler (you'l need overcloacking especially if you are gonna run vista). Gygabite, asus, Abit, for Motherboards. Kingstone, Corsair for RAM (at least 4 GB RAM is needed for a performant PC now days), HDD its a matter of preference though i like Seagate and Western Digital. A PSU of at least 650W since you never know what else you'l trow in there. For the case your choice.

As for alienware you pay more for brand its better to build your own system.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
oO worked preaty well for me, oh well i havent tried that many games so i aint in a position to argue :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey redloffrdlof can you tell me a motherboard that works adequate with the specs u told me and the same motherboard works amazingly with the computer itself

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
hey redloffrdlof can you tell me a motherboard that works adequate with the specs u told me and the same motherboard works amazingly with the computer itself
I don't know much about motherboards, but you can make a thread regarding your query in the Hardware discussion section of the forum. I'm sure the tech guys here will help you a lot.

Link to Hardware Discussion

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,413 Posts
Different games have different requirements ;) But for the most part, you will need at least a dual-core processor (Core2 Duo or AMD equivalent) a minimum of 2.4GHz or 2.6Ghz clock speed, and a fairly good video/graphic card that has DirectX 9c with Shader Model 3.0 specs.

For Nvidia graphic card you would need at least the GeForce 7xxx series and for ATi you'd need to start off with the Radeon 19xx series to actually enjoy game without your graphic card bottle-necking your game performance or fps (frame per second)

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
Different games have different requirements ;) But for the most part, you will need at least a dual-core processor (Core2 Duo or AMD equivalent) a minimum of 2.4GHz or 2.6Ghz clock speed, and a fairly good video/graphic card that has DirectX 9c with Shader Model 3.0 specs.

For Nvidia graphic card you would need at least the GeForce 7xxx series and for ATi you'd need to start off with the Radeon 19xx series to actually enjoy game without your graphic card bottle-necking your game performance or fps (frame per second)
I think going for a mid range geforce8 or 9 series card would be a better option.

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,413 Posts
I think going for a mid range geforce8 or 9 series card would be a better option.
Sure, but I was stating that the minimum requirements for playing games without having the graphic card to sacrifice performance or speed due to lack of graphic card limitation.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
wait which brand do you guys reccomend for my graphics card. like is asus a good graphics card company cause i cant find a good one. can someone link me to an ideal graphics card suitable for the e8400 core2duo processor and an asus psq motherboard.

also can someone link me to a good memory(i heard 2gb was fine)

are these 2 fine.

Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300)
ASUS EN9600GT/HTDI Graphics Card - EN9600GT/HTDI/512M

·
Registered
113 Posts
The manufacturer doesn't really matter so much, it's the card itself. And the GPU isn't so important with PCXS2, it's more CPU dependent. However, the GPU has to be good enough not to be a bottleneck.

My GeForce 8400m GS is plenty good enough, so that GeForce 9600 should be fine.

·
The one and only
3,658 Posts
Take a look at my specs, theyre about the best you can get for pcsx2

1 - 17 of 17 Posts