Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Transformers

Votes: 12 40.0%
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd try one of the polls. Ok what do you think was the best? Personally I'm with thundercats Ho!

C

·
0 Posts
There was an old vampire duck show on Nickelodeon, that ruled...I forgot it...and that spy mouse show...

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, tell me ;)

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
ducktales, rescue rangers, tiny toons, animaniacs, freakazoid, power puff girls, ren and stimpy, tenchi muyo.. tons more
some of those arent that old but if disturbed gets dexter i get these..

·
Registered
513 Posts
>There was an old vampire duck show on Nickelodeon
Count Duckula! "When the moon falls on the fourth house of..." :knocks over ketchup bottle: That show corrupted me something terrible, seeing as how I've wanted a warping house ever since ;)

Sadly, I never saw a good number of the shows listed in the poll, but a few of my old mid-80s favorites were as follows:

a) the animated Zelda features. Come on, how can you go wrong with Link's "Excuuuuuse me, Princess"?

b) Rainbow Brite. Any show with "gloom clouds" and magical colored pixie-things is simply grand.

I'm so glad that Dungeons and Dragons/Dragonwarrior was listed though; almost no one I know of has seen it. I'm pretty sure the characters were done by someone that worked with DBZ, seeing as how they look very similar. I'm not a fan of DBZ, but Dragon Warrior was all sorts of cool. In a related note, at the time it was rated as the most violent cartoon on television. Nifty, eh? ;)

·
From ngemu past, I am!
195 Posts
Originally posted by Bgnome
ducktales, rescue rangers, tiny toons, animaniacs, freakazoid, power puff girls, ren and stimpy, tenchi muyo.. tons more
some of those arent that old but if disturbed gets dexter i get these..
Tenchi Muyo is a anime...not a cartoon...
But Dungeons and Dragons is da best...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Heh, I think the fact that TMNT is leading that pole shows the general age of th epeople voting. :)

BTW, there must have been 2 different D&D cartoons. First, I never remember it being called DragonWarrior. Granted, since it was on about 15 years ago, it's entirely possible I forgot. However, the one I'm thinking of looked NOTHING like DBZ. The people actually looked like people, not whatever the people in DBZ look like... The one I remember, it was a bunch of kids that got sent to the D&D realm from a roller coaster ride, and it had Uni the unicorn. They were always trying to get back home (Well, except for the episode where they made it home, but had to go back to save their friends, and lost their chance to go home again, of course. :p)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
> The one I remember, it was a bunch of kids that got sent to
> the D&D realm from a roller coaster ride, and it had Uni the
> unicorn. They were always trying to get back home (Well,
> except for the episode where they made it home, but had to
> go back to save their friends, and lost their chance to go home
> again, of course. )

That show rocked! At least if my memory serves me right. I particularly liked the crusty old dungeon master. He could never give a straight answer, just riddles. Didn't they have an episode with a fake DM who could be told apart by the fact he DID answer clearly? That was scary stuff:p

·
Registered
513 Posts
>BTW, there must have been 2 different D&D cartoons.
Either that or I made a mistake ;) DragonWarrior had two different titles, both Dragonwarrior in the US and some other name that bore similarity to Dungeons and Dragons. In my sleep deprived state I must have mistook it. Sorry-o.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The spy mouse show was called DangerMouse. I know this because its on the Bomerang channel at the mom ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by cluthu
>I'm so glad that Dungeons and Dragons/Dragonwarrior was listed though; almost no one I know of has seen it. I'm pretty sure the characters were done by someone that worked with DBZ, seeing as how they look very similar.
Well the original manga was created by Akira Toryama the creator of DB Z/GT.
Bye.

·
Registered
230 Posts
No way Guys. While TMNT was a killer series, the ORIGINAL Transformers, not that crap show that's on now,was the BEST! I mean come on not only is Megatron like the coolest name but the dude turned into a GUN. Of course the entire He-Man/She-Ra series was cool. I also loved watching Rainbow bright, My Little Pony's and Care Bears:p I'm sure all the guys on the board watched those too .

·
Registered
513 Posts
>I'm sure all the guys on the board watched those too .
Hey, I came to terms with my liking of Rainbow Brite. After all, it's b) in my two fave cartoons. I didn't mind Strawberry Shortcake either ;)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
So what, does the Simpsons just not fit into this category of cartoons or what? The simpsons beats out any other cartoon hands down.(I'm biased in case you didn't notice) But as for saturday morning type cartoons give me Loony toons and I'll be happy. Sure I've seen them all a thousand times, but come on they're classic. Out of what's in the poll though I'm going with Transformers that showed ruled as did the animated movie. Remember Ultra Magnus?(I think that was the name)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Ah come on, no cartoon beats out Captain Nintendo in terms of raw content. I pretended for months that my NES controller and zapper had special powers. Ryos presses the start button on the NES pad attached to his belt. Haha, now none of you can move at all. :D I wonder why armies don't invest in those zappers...as I recall, they were rather efficient in dispatching enemies.

Don't forget, King Hippo has to be one of the best (read: biggest moron) villains ever! Sure he got whooped all the time, but every fat tub of lard has his day, no?

·
Registered
345 Posts
im with adair on the looney toons

they simply kick ass
although if i had to choose from those on thi list it would have to be thunder cats

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
Ah come on, no cartoon beats out Captain Nintendo in terms of raw content. I pretended for months that my NES controller and zapper had special powers. Ryos presses the start button on the NES pad attached to his belt. Haha, now none of you can move at all. :D I wonder why armies don't invest in those zappers...as I recall, they were rather efficient in dispatching enemies.

Don't forget, King Hippo has to be one of the best (read: biggest moron) villains ever! Sure he got whooped all the time, but every fat tub of lard has his day, no?
hahaha, i remember running around with my controller tied to my waist and zapper in hand also.. that surely was a great cartoon

1 - 20 of 75 Posts