Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
yeah, i like holding the stick. the stick of joy.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yeah i love arcade, but its not as challenging anymore because its hard(at least for me) to find anyone to challenge at the arcade...Its mostly little kids that just cry allot when I beat them, but at least thats fun to do :evil: ...

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
At least you have an arcade where you guys live. There aren't any where I live, and even when I do happen to find one when I am traveling on vacation, it doesn't have any new or decent fighting games.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yeah there were at least two or three arcades in my area that were closed in the recent years....people are just not interested in it like they use to be. :(

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
probably because you can get the same performance at home with your consoles. back in the day, there was a huge graphical difference between arcade and console. nowadays, why go outside in the sun when you can do it at home in the dungeon you call your room?

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Mine was replaced with an old navy I think. What they really need is high emersion simulation games. Like pilot a tank, or airplane right from in the cockpit. Or like tournaments for fighter games (only the best games of course). Not to mention prices need to be a maximum of $0.50 with an average of $0.25. The problem is arcades didn't change with the times and so went downhill...

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
the cost is too much, for sure, but in most cases, they have a reason for high prices. paying for rental of the property and all the electricity bills can make it difficult to make an actual profit on it. a lot of the time, you have to pay $1 to play, but give you multiple continues, for the sole purpose of forcing you to play a little more than you'd want to if you didn't like it. i almost finished soul calibur 2 at the arcade with $1. inferno killed me...

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
lack of specification works for loose interpretation. only a dime for my smooth flowing rhyme.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts