Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. is the title of this webpage. It concentrates on quotes of people who in one way or another have or had something to do with American politics. The quotes themselves are about views and expressions on sexuality, gender, races, politics, beliefs, and christianity.

Some quotes, if not all, might be offending and outrageous. :p My beliefs are being flamed as well. :D

Just to spark some interest, here are two quotes:
"We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand." --James Watt

"When lawlessness is abroad in the land, the same thing will happen here that happened in Nazi Germany. Many of those people involved with Adolph Hitler were Satanists, many of them were homosexuals – the two things seem to go together." --Pat Robertson

Any comments? :D

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Yes, I have a comment: LOL :lol:

Gaurav said:
"We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand." --James Watt
Now there is a quote from Monty Python I'd like to share:
Sex sex sex, it's all they think about.... -- Brian's mom

Quoting J.B Stoner

"We had lost the fight for the preservation of the white race until God himself intervened in earthly affairs with AIDS to rescue and preserve the white race that he had created.... I praise God all the time for AIDS."

"AIDS is a racial disease of Jews and *******, and fortunately it is wiping out the queers. I guess God hates queers for several reasons. There is one big reason to be against queers and that is because every time some white boy is seduced by a q.ueer into becoming a q.ueer, means his white bloodline has run out."
I've heard guys on crack making more sense than this stoner :rolleyes:

Still I feel like someone is missing....

*Cid looks at his sig*

Btw Gaurav, we still have some extremists in our country, SGP remember? :rolleyes:

Edit: Autocensorship :???:

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Katsuya said:
I would like to point out that all Americans are not this way. Each society has its share of Offensive and irrational citizens.
Hopefully if everyone can keep that in mind, it will prevent a flamewar :)

Every country has got its own nutcases and religious zealots, it's just a shame to see that nowadays extremism and fundamentalism is directly linked to the Islam, while there are still christian extremists and fundamentalists preaching their uneducated hate. Both should be forbidden. Just like I already pointed out in another thread, we've got a fundamentalistic group in Dutch politics as well. They don't want any female MP's in Dutch government, because of their religion. I would love to see what would happen if there would be a Islamic political party that would say the same kind of stuff based on their Quran...

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
Cid Highwind said:

Every country has got its own nutcases and religious zealots, it's just a shame to see that nowadays extremism and fundamentalism is directly linked to the Islam, while there are still christian extremists and fundamentalists preaching their uneducated hate. Both should be forbidden. Just like I already pointed out in another thread, we've got a fundamentalistic group in Dutch politics as well. They don't want any female MP's in Dutch government, because of their religion. I would love to see what would happen if there would be a Islamic political party that would say the same kind of stuff based on their Quran...

Though the misconception of Islam that is so common really does infuriate me, I realize that its nobody's fault except for the so called Muslims themselves.

I'll add one point though as far as Islam is concerned, what you refer to as Extremism or Fundamentalism is actually plain Ignorance. Though I have much to say on the issue of female leadership in Islam, I'd rather stick to the flavour of this thread. :)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cid Highwind said:
Now there is a quote from Monty Python I'd like to share:
Sex sex sex, it's all they think about.... -- Brian's mom
Lmao, I wish that was the case. :p

Cid Highwind said:
I've heard guys on crack making more sense than this stoner :rolleyes:
Same here. :D What about these:

"Not only is homosexuality a sin, but anyone who supports **** is just as guilty as they are. You are both worthy of death."
--Fred Phelps

"When science and the Bible differ, science has obviously misinterpreted its data." --Henry Morris

"I would like to outlaw contraception...contraception is disgusting – people using each other for pleasure." --Joseph Scheidler :lol:

Cid Highwind said:
Btw Gaurav, we still have some extremists in our country, SGP remember? :rolleyes:
Of course. But we don't need to go to the extremists to get ridiculous soundbites/quotes. :p

Katsuya said:
I would like to point out that all Americans are not this way.
I take it you mean that not all Americans are this way. There is a difference. ;) But anyhow, the webpage never gives any opposing stance to what you're saying here. :)

By the way, slightly offtopic, but..
Cid Highwind said:
Still I feel like someone is missing....
Did anyone ever recognize my avatar? :p

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
ok...

"I don't know that atheists should be considered citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
right...

"If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being."
words from a state senator...

"I'm an old-fashioned woman. Men should take care of women, and if men were taking care of women today, we wouldn't have to vote."
It is neither plutocracy nor democracy guys, this is a divine right teocracy!

“George Bush was not elected by a majority of the voters in the United States, he was appointed by God.”
When the leaders start saying things like this you know something is not right...

Donald Reagan said:
"For the first time ever, everything is in place for the Battle of Armageddon and the Second Coming of Christ."

And then people actually start wondering why their economy is not as good as before.

Yes, I have a vision of the future as well. I think it is called the Middle Ages counterattacks or something like that :p

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Cid Highwind said:

Islamic political party? Seeing how there is so much prejudice against anything which even rhymes with the word "islamic", I doubt such party will see light - even if it was moderate. Years ago, it was the nazis and evil "commies", now it's the "infidel mujahideen (sp?)" , god knows what race/religon/party is gonna be associated with evil the next decade. :rolleyes:

Gaurav said:
Did anyone ever recognize my avatar?
You on crack? :p

Yours,
-E

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Mako Eyes said:
I'm thinking a Jack Thompson (...). :p
!
Now that you've mentioned it....:lol:

Yours,
-E

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
This site is awesome.

One of my favourites is this one:

Rush Limbaugh said:
"There is only one way to get rid of nuclear weapons... use them"
I always wonder how such fundamentalist blockheads manage to get such high positions.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Syed Fawad said:
Though I have much to say on the issue of female leadership in Islam, I'd rather stick to the flavour of this thread. :)
Missed this at first. Actually, if you find any incentive in this thread to discuss something or wish to point something out, then by all means. It's my secondary motive for this thread.

Proto said:
Yes, I have a vision of the future as well. I think it is called the Middle Ages counterattacks or something like that :p
That is, if we don't get nuked back to the Stone Age by people like Rush Limbaugh. :lol:

エッリー said:
Years ago, it was the nazis and evil "commies", now it's the "infidel mujahideen (sp?)" , god knows what race/religon/party is gonna be associated with evil the next decade. :rolleyes:
I'll give you a hint: Fox News has been working on it for months now. :p

エッリー said:
You on crack? :p
Silence! Your allegations about my drug-abuse is out of envy for my monkeysuit!

Mako Eyes said:
I'm thinking a Jack Thompson/Donkey Kong hybrid. :p
Bingo.

Ooh, by the way, I forgot to comment on..

"When science and the Bible differ, science has obviously misinterpreted its data." --Henry Morris

Henry here probably still believes the universe rotates around the earth. :p

·
Transcended
1,416 Posts
"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war."

"Not all Muslims may be terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims."

"Being nice to people is, in fact, one of the incidental tenets of Christianity, as opposed to other religions whose tenets are more along the lines of 'kill everyone who doesn't smell bad and doesn't answer to the name Mohammed'"
Wtf? Crap... that site makes me want to wear a bag over my head. Now I know what Syed might feel...

"Anybody that believes in separation of church and state needs to leave right now."
Yeah, just look at what happened in Luther's time.

"I would like to outlaw contraception...contraception is disgusting – people using each other for pleasure." --Joseph Scheidler
I wouldn't go so far as outlawing it, but I find it disturbing that it ends up promoting sex sex sex simply because you want to have sex as if it's some uncontrollable animalistic behavior. Maybe I'm just me and my challenging of the general notion that pleasure, especially sexual, is the end-all of a relationship anyway. I once saw an ad on MTV promoting some condom brand. It was showing nice teenage kids (they looked barely 18...) having fun, going out and stuff, parties, movies, then splays the ad. It's encouraging teenage sex and putting the youth under a bad light.

·
band
4,912 Posts
"Not all Muslims may be terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims."

its lines like these that make me wonder whether or not the ppl that said them feel stupid afterwards for saying them >.>

·
Transcended
1,416 Posts
Kazuya Mishima said:
LOL, and i forgot i was not supposed to feel pleasure when having sex, silly me :smash:
Actually, the spirit of the statement was that sex is being used as nothing more but a pleasure tool.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Hmm, a lot of these quotes seem fake, though I'd have to look them up and see. I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Savage's quote is legit though, I heard him on the way to my car once and he was talking about universities are nothing but brothels. Apparently he meant all the universities but mine, because I sure haven't seen anything like that in my time in one. :p

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.