Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lost Wanderer
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
ive been watching this great forum as a silent member and just wanted to share a nostalgic view back onto some video games(why would anyone join an emulation forum without having fun doing such a thing :p) But this time its not about the glory of these times, its about the black sheep. I found a great article, which comes in hand with a list and reviews of the 20 worst games ever .

Here We Go ....

20: Extreme Sports With the Berenstein Bears

19: Bible Adventures

18: Kriss Kross: Make My Video

17: Bubsy 3D

16: Bad Street Brawler

15: Total Recall

14: Rapjam Volume One

13: AIRCARS

12: Night Trap

11: Heroes of the Lance

10: Revolution X

9: Custer's Revenge

8: White Men Can't Jump

7: Superman 64

6: Legend of Zelda: Wand of Gamelon

5: Virtuoso

4: Captain Novolin

3: Fight For Life

2: Club Drive

1: E.T. The Extraterrestrial

The link to the ("uncensored") review:
20 WORST GAMES EVER REVIEWS
i recommend reading this one, it was great fun reading it and someone put some freaking anger into this reviews( playing those games seems to kill your mind :D )
did anyone know about "Legend of Zelda: Wand of Gamelon" released for the CDI? seems to be a well hidden secret of nintendo :D

favourite quote(from Bubsy 3D):"The game is fully 3D, but Bubsy can't really move any direction other than straight. Getting at an item across the room can take up to 10 minutes of walking in a line, slowly rotating, then walking in a line and slowly rotating. So unless it's an item that makes one million cheerleaders appear in your living room and start washing their cars, it's probably not worth the pain and suffering it takes to get to it.[...]"

well enjoy and i hope not taking too much time of yours reading about this worthless pieces of **** If you think u know a game which is worse than these games, feel free to post about it .

EDIT: i also found THE 20 WORST NINTENDO GAMES EVER [NES!] on seanbaby`s page

*keep walking*

A Lemming

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
If those titles are that bad, I'm glad I haven't heard of the majority of them. Actually, E.T. The Extraterrestrial is the only one I'm certain I've seen (and played), but other than that, I'm not sure.

E.T. The Extraterrestrial actually turned out so bad, that they scrapped the idea and buried the remaining useless catridges in Nevada (I believe it was there anyway).

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Lemming4Life said:
did anyone know about "Legend of Zelda: Wand of Gamelon" released for the CDI? seems to be a well hidden secret of nintendo :D
Ah yes..the sin of Zelda. There were actually two Zelda games released for CD-i. Neither of them were produced by Nintendo, but Phillips had licensing rights to their characters.

Check out why
http://darkwatcher.psxfanatics.com/console/cdi.htm

Oh..we can add a stick pile game on the list

Urban Champion for the Nintendo Entertainment System. :hdbash:
=======================================
You fight deadly fighters that look just like you (sporting a Jay Leno chin), and have your same fighting moves. This deadly arsenal of fighting moves consist of an amazing two punches. The complicated fighting engine pits you and your adversary in an arena where you can move either backwards or forwards about 8 inches or so with the same scenery in the background. Hit your enemy 5 times with your deadly two punches while dodging what appears to be the graphic representation of a flower pot drawn by a pre school kid that failed kindergarden, and is tossed out of windows by some wench that has nothing better to do. Win and you get to see your deformed Jay Leno break out in a victory dance that would get you smacked in most dance clubs while it rains celebration confetti from out of nowhere. Don't celebrate too soon! Your twin adversary miraculously recovers to fight you yet again. You will continue this fabulous gameplay till you either turn off the machine, smash it, or get nabbed by the looney bin. It is the perfect game to torture and punish young children :thumb:

·
Lost Wanderer
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Dark Watcher said:
Ah yes..the sin of Zelda. There were actually two Zelda games released for CD-i. Neither of them were produced by Nintendo, but Phillips had licensing rights to their characters.

Check out why
Very interesting stuff, thx for the info!

Lord Zedeck said:
If those titles are that bad, I'm glad I haven't heard of the majority of them. Actually, E.T. The Extraterrestrial is the only one I'm certain I've seen (and played), but other than that, I'm not sure.

E.T. The Extraterrestrial actually turned out so bad, that they scrapped the idea and buried the remaining useless catridges in Nevada (I believe it was there anyway).
i read about that too, in fact they produced like 5 million pieces and nearly all of them got send back .

the whole story ---> Time Out!

LOL :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Actually there where 3 Zelda's for CDi:
  • Link - The Faces of Evil
  • Zelda - The Wand of Gamelon
  • Zelda`s Adventure

All of them where truly horrific, though you did get to play as the Princess, which is a rarity. Mostly side scroller / top down, and afaik it was Zelda - TWG that had live action FMV's (yup folks, we had grown men and women dressed as zelda / link etc).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Extreme Sports With the Berenstein Bears:Yes...This will be an exciting game.Because You know those two things go together all to well.Don't u think?

(note to the completely dense out there:I am being sarcastic.it's one of the many services i offer,.)

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
Actually I know many bad gmaes. But that list was great ^^ , though I didn't play most of these.

One of the worst ever games he missed : Legend of success Joe and The super Spy (Be sure to avoid that last one in particular. Believe me you should really run away if your friend tells you he got a game with a spy, don't even risk :p . Even if he swears it isn't the same game in your mind)

Edit 1 : I forgot to tell you something very important :D . I was able to finish "The super spy" once before. And my parents spent a fortune trying to cure me from the effect. Pshycatarists called it the "Super spy disease" . But no cure was found till now. They had to convince me that I never played that game :p .

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Dark Watcher said:

Check out why

Oh..we can add a stick pile game on the list

Urban Champion for the Nintendo Entertainment System. :hdbash:
=======================================
You fight deadly fighters that look just like you (sporting a Jay Leno chin), and have your same fighting moves. This deadly arsenal of fighting moves consist of an amazing two punches. The complicated fighting engine pits you and your adversary in an arena where you can move either backwards or forwards about 8 inches or so with the same scenery in the background. Hit your enemy 5 times with your deadly two punches while dodging what appears to be the graphic representation of a flower pot drawn by a pre school kid that failed kindergarden, and is tossed out of windows by some wench that has nothing better to do. Win and you get to see your deformed Jay Leno break out in a victory dance that would get you smacked in most dance clubs while it rains celebration confetti from out of nowhere. Don't celebrate too soon! Your twin adversary miraculously recovers to fight you yet again. You will continue this fabulous gameplay till you either turn off the machine, smash it, or get nabbed by the looney bin. It is the perfect game to torture and punish young children :thumb:
Wait a minute, I played Urban Champion on one of those 100-in-1 cartridges a friend of mine had. I actually liked that back then. It could've been my first fighting game as well :p I must agree the Double Dragon games were better, but I enjoyed for 30 minutes at least.

·
Lost Wanderer
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What a time, when gamers were so easy to satisfy. When the challenge of a game was a great amount of dumb enemys , no way to save so that you had to play from the start over and over again, while the only reason to play the game again was to get a new Hightscore, huh? :eyemove: :thumb:

Seriously, simplicity can be a great plus for a game, concentrating on the main aspects of gameplay , thats why i stil love to play those classics. No NFSU can give me more thrill than to try a new time record on the original Mario Kart hehe

see ya

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I never even looked or took note of my own high-scores at all. I always wanted NES games to save them. With every game that didn't save em when I put off my NES I was disappointed. But there were a lot of games I finished a 100 times, just because I liked them that much. Like ChipnDale2, Double Dragon2/3 and others :) Simple, yet brilliant

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
haha... Cid, you must be an easy gamer to please...well...30 minutes without flipping out..that is indeed amazing :)

Yes..we believe it is in those 100-1 titles

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Haha, well how old was I back then, 10 perhaps? We didn't even have a pc at home or SNES, NES was all we had and enjoyed. And I wouldn't be surprised if it was the first fighting game I ever played :p
But I think that once we had seen all that the game could offer (new background? new moves to try? ) we changed the game.

But once I saw a same kinda list, which had Paperboy for NES in it, and I did enjoy that game a lot so I could never understand why it should belong in the list of 10 worst NES games.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Personally speaking I'd have added virtual fruit machine to that list. Gameplay consisted of pressing space 50 times (on rare occasions it was more times, when you actually got a payout). Crap.

·
The Vodka Theme
747 Posts
i once played a game for the nes that its purpose was to make money in stocks!! there was a portpholio, a stock list and many other stupid things you could only imagine..

another stupid game for the atari, forgot his name: you play as the HEAD of that black dude from A-team that shoots three heads or whole people (dont remember) and then the big boss: you have to hit him 3 times.. and thats it.. <_<

·
Lost Wanderer
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I tried to remember about my start of playing games, which was indeed a Amiga 500. I had nearly 100 games to play around and my handicap was that i didnt understand more than a few english words.so in most cases i didnt even know how to play a game( i just had backups to play with oO :lol: ). but i cant remember of a single bad game, it has always been great fun.
Megalomania, anyone? i didnt know what to do, so i just tried everything till i got it and it was fun to use some nuclear bombs. there was also a game, where i had to fly a military plane and fight some other planes and islands(they seemed to be japanese) "Wings of something" LOL, i didnt managed to get back on the platform in the sea a single time, i tried it like houndreds of times,but it was ehhm FUN :thumb:

see ya

1 - 17 of 17 Posts