Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried a copy of Silent Hunter3 that I borrowed and it still ****s up my windows installation just like splinter cell 3 did,From now on unless ubisoft stops using starforce and not be paranoid about piracy I will not play any of thire games just because I can't

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
starforce is indeed a rather bothersome. splinter cell sucks anyway....

the fact of the matter is that people who pirate will continue to do so. with or without the copy protection, and as always, those who do pirate is relieved from the bothersome copy protection measures employed (no cd checks, etc.), and in the end, those who bought legit copies having to deal with the bothersome measures.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
How about buying a cdrom that actually supports starforce?

·
band
4,912 Posts
see player-x, it was entirely your own fault that u happened to buy a cd-rom drive that didnt support starforce. ubisoft and starforce has no reason to accomodate its users.

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
D.D. said:
see player-x, it was entirely your own fault that u happened to buy a cd-rom drive that didnt support starforce. ubisoft and starforce has no reason to accomodate its users.
I hope that was sarcasm... :cuss2:
The last time I looked end users were the ones paying companies, so technically, they are 'employers' of the software companies... :thumb:

And as such, I'd suggest not buying crappy protected games and hoping that other users would do the same. If a majority of users stop buying a companies games because of incompatibility, the company will either have to bend to the will of gamers or file bankruptsy...

It's situations like this that are why I don't buy 'new PC games.' I tend to wait until they are in the budget bin, and by then, the protection is no longer that harsh on the because enough idiots 'er gamers bought the games at full price at the company has made most of it's money...

IMSHO too many PC gamers kiss the game industries butt by buying games when they are released... :hdbash:

Send the companies a message people, that we won't pay $50 for games that won't run on our PCs because of erratic copy protection... :cuss2:

Either wait for the games to drop in price or buy 'em on console whenever possible! :thumb:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Why don't you just download a No-CD patch? Crap like this is what they're there for. I don't think anyone would criticise you for it as long as you actually own the game...

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My DVD Drive does, it's just my windows installation dosn't,my main PC is out of service until I can reinstall windows,times like these makes me glad that piracy is still rampant here

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I borrowed it and not bought it to test starforce to see if it's just SC3 or other games as well, Looks like my PC is allergic to starforce

·
band
4,912 Posts
man to be honest, thats just garbage. why must ubisoft use this kinda thing? its just gonna get cracked neway...

@gamer1 and Paratech: hahah sorry, just wanted to see how bad sarcasm on the internet can be. excuse my madness please.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
D.D. said:
still your fault. ubisoft does not need to care about users!
yeah who cares about users!! screw them!! it's not like they're buying the products anyway.

/sarcasm

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I personally haven't dealt with Starforce protection yet but it sure doesn't sound like a happy experience :|. Dealing with Safedisc can be annoying too; it takes forever for me to make an image of Flight Simulator 2004's fourth disc or Grand Theft Auto III PC because of it. I would take slow image creation over a screwed up computer though.

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They could go back to the days of CD checks or basic safedisc rather than the latest versions that happens to be a wasted effort

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Paratech said:
And as such, I'd suggest not buying crappy protected games and hoping that other users would do the same. If a majority of users stop buying a companies games because of incompatibility, the company will either have to bend to the will of gamers or file bankruptsy...
They'll blame the sudden stop of income on piracy anyway and launch an even worse copy protection :rolleyes:

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Player-X said:
like what? needing a special Disc drive with a special IDE chipset using a special IDE cable
don't say it two times... they can hear you ;)

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
splinter cell 3 worked just fine here. now I'll wait for the patch that will fix coop.

one month later and it still wasn't cracked :p let's see how long it takes.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Because of these newer copy-protections I essentially gave up on PC Gaming. :p

Quite some time ago, I bought a copy of XIII. And then, I suffered for days with Ubisoft's ****ty tech support trying to get my original, store-bought copy working on a brand-new computer. In the end, I came to the conclusion that the best way to get the game working was by cracking it. :p

Anyway, I got so pissed off by this whole deal that I bought a console one month later. I haven't bought a single PC game in almost 18 months.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
caipirinha said:
one month later and it still wasn't cracked :p let's see how long it takes.
are you serious? wow thats kinda cool, im glad i bought it ^_^
but then, i had to buy it anyway for the online part...

1 - 20 of 69 Posts