Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new on xbox emulation and I'm facing the following problem about turok emulation. I have the latest cxbx version (0.8 pre2) and a gf4 mx440 (ye ye ,I know its a crap) to try with it. When I load the xbe file and start the emulation, I see the the acclaim logo and the intro movie ,then the start screen. I start a new game and I can see the first game movie but then I got the "texture creation failure" message ,when I supposed to reach in game. Does anybody knows whats happening? Maybe driver configuration? Or maybe my gf4 mx440 (crap crap crap!) isn't capable to show the xbox gfx?
please help ,cos I don't have money to buy a better gfx card by now... :cry:

PS: and sorry for my english...
IN time: congratulations caustik! great work!

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well, Cxbx is really a newer emulator that doesn't do a whole lot yet. Games aren't playable for the most part. Really only Demo's work near perfect. Actual Retail games are a whole other story. Your card isn't the problem. I'm sure it would be just fine to display graphics. Maybe not play fast but hey :p

Anyways yea, so basically the problem right now is the emulator not being developed enough. But these things take time.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
try to get latest version of cxbx sources. and also try the game on a real xbox.
i once got a version of turok that had errors..

also the mx440 isn`t the best card for cxbx, much functions used by cxbx are good graphics cards.

i got a geforce fx5200 and also got some strange stuff in turok..
try to get a fx5200 or higher to test :) and then you know for sure. if its your adapter or your version of the game... the original game is working fine.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Your card isn't the problem.
Yes it is. We already had another person having problems with his mx440. the mx440 claims to support things it cant do. Homebrew should work ok with mx440. when you get the cash, go get a fx 5200 or a mx 4000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do I have to do to know what version of turok I have? Where is this information? I don't know anyone who has a xbox to try the version that I have. How many versions turok has? And about the gfx card , I'm gonna get a newer one in november ,probally a radeon 9600 pro (oc to xt). Have anyone tested cxbx with this one?

·
Registered
46 Posts
atis don't work as well (both caustik and the xbox use nvidea) but it should work all the same. Did you seriously go out and buy turok to use with cxbx aswell as the modding of your dvd drive would of been alot of work and money for an emulator you'd never seen work.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
9600 pro should work fine.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
SCVirus he isn`t going to buy a new version of turok.. he is going to buy a new graphic adapter.

" I'm gonna get a newer one in november ,probally a radeon 9600 pro "

there are some version of turk around.
the version with the complete intro movie is the good one.. the other is not.. mmmm told 2 much now :)

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
*cough* pixel shaders *cough*.

How can you recommend an mx 4000? It's even worse than an MX 440. It's not gonna change a thing, seeing how it's only a DX7 card too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was just saying that, he said "I don't know anyone who has a xbox to try the version that I have." and talked about trying to run turok, so naturally the ONLY way he could have done that without an xbox is a modded dvd-rom drive and going out the buy the game, and i was just saying thats a little bit much faith to put in an emulator that he had never used before.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
cooliscool said:
*cough* pixel shaders *cough*.

How can you recommend an mx 4000? It's even worse than an MX 440. It's not gonna change a thing, seeing how it's only a DX7 card too.
I didn't know mx 4000 was worse than mx 440 (since I never had one). I don't know crap about old GeForces. I guess the number doesn't make a difference :lol: It's bad enough I have a *Hack, cough, cough, gag, gasp... cough, hack, sigh, gasp* GeForce 4 5200 (and it's a PCI, not PCI express either because I have no AGP)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts