Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just had a quick question for you all. After reading through all the threads I could find I still can't find an answer to my query. Anyway, here's my issue. When I play Final Fantasy 8 from an .iso that I made from the original discs the dialog text appears mostly blacked out rendering it unreadable. Needless to say this takes away from the overall experience of the game.

I'm using ePSXe 1.70 with Pete's OpenGL 2.7 with "Nice" settings and the special game fix designated for FF8.

Computer specs:
Intel C2D 2.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce Go 7400
2 Gigs of RAM

Thanks for any help and if any other info is needed let me know.

·
Registered MSX user
1,625 Posts
I remember, I've had that problem many years ago... I tried to reproduce it with my computer with the config you mentioned, but I failed. I can't help you that way...

Have you tried Lord Kane's config?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I actually did find that and tried it but with no luck. The odd thing about it is no matter what I've tried the problem persists with seemingly no change whatsoever. It would be slightly less disheartening if it at least gave the illusion that I was making progress...

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
try updating your plugin to version 2.9. if that doesnt correct it then switch to a different plugin like the D3d or OGL1 and see if it goes away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
try updating your plugin to version 2.9. if that doesnt correct it then switch to a different plugin like the D3d or OGL1 and see if it goes away.
Alright I downloaded and configured Pete's 2.9 but the problem remains. I assume by OGL1 you mean the earlier version of OpenGL, in which case I have 1.75 and have already tried and failed to get that to work.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
weird. what about the D3d?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
ok what about the software plugin (P.E.op.S soft) then? if it does it with that one as well as the hardware plugins then it could be related to your drivers or settings in your video card's control panel (like global AA or AF).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
ok what about the software plugin (P.E.op.S soft) then? if it does it with that one as well as the hardware plugins then it could be related to your drivers or settings in your video card's control panel (like global AA or AF).
Alright I tried the software plugin you suggested and no luck. I'll look into updating the driver for my video card, but in the meantime could you suggest what settings I might want to check out?

Another thing comes to mind, could it make a difference that I'm running the Windows 7 RC? I didn't even think of that because I've been playing Final Fantasy IX for a couple weeks with no issues.

All the same I'll update the drivers and see what happens.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
although i have yet to use epsxe on a W7 system to see how it runs first-hand, i doubt there is any relation to your problem and the O/S itself.

as for what settings to check for in your video card's control panel, make sure that AA (anti-aliasing) and AF (anisotropic filtering) are turned off globally or set to application-preference/controlled. alternatively you could make a profile for epsxe and have everything set to off or application-preference/controlled.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
its a save state issue, save your game to memory card and reload.

states will work fine again after this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.