Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway at all to test an Iso or Bin file to see if it was copyed correctly without any bad sectors? I would hate to get Final Fantasy 9 already made into iso, play it and it missing movies or scenes do to missing clusters. I know I can just try playing the game all through but it would take to long. I would seriously hate to play the game and get to cd4, then it not playing the final movis or cutscenes. Maybe theres a program which checks the file to make sure it is in perfect working order? Probably not, but I thought I'd give it a shot asking you guys anyways. Thanks for any info.

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
If you make an iso of a game the program should report any errors encountered whilst ripping it so if there was no errors reported then it should be fine..
As for a prog that can somehow test it I dunno..

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Fireburner can check iso's for curruption... But there are a few things you can do to lessen the chances of making a bad iso.. Select a slow reading speed, don't run any programs in the background, don't bump into your computer while making the iso, check the original for scratches or smudges..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.