Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We now have all of Fallujah in our pocket.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6403689/

The Fox News Channel called Fallujah Terrorism's Last Stand, so this news means you can now no longer have to worry about American interference at such a grandiose scale, as the War on Terror has been WON!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Is the war on terrorism over? Not by a long shot, though now a considerably less shot. It's just naive to believe it is.

A U.S. officer, speaking to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity, said Fallujah was “occupied but not subdued.”
Despite the evident military success in Fallujah, U.S. commanders have warned that the insurgency in Iraq will continue — evidenced by the recent spike in violence in the remainder of the Sunni Muslim regions of central Iraq.
Oh well. Cheers!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well, I'm tone deaf too, but this isn't the type of thing I really hear too many jokes about. Though the citing of Fox News had me alert. I'm kinda gullible.

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Do you really think that it is over???
It has just begun, Iraq is just the beguining of the rage that the US goverment lit.
To those people (muslims), the war will be over when US and everybody else leaves them to live their lifes without control.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Erm guys, knowing Ryos sense of humour, I'd say this is definately scarasm, rather than a real "whoohoo we won" thread ;).

The hint is the "fox news channel" statement :D. Proabably one of the most biased channels there is. (Then again, what do you expect with Bush's cousin calling the shots).

·
Registered
185 Posts
well just curious......are pepole who defend their lands are the terrorists or pepole who attack them are the one who is terrorists.....well..media really is the best way to blind ppl in my opinion

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
well i think there's a few groups in iraq..

A. USA/collilition army
B)iraqi citizens
1) poor *******s caught in the middle
2) people who think they can beat the american army
a) people who are sadam loyalists (probably the dumbest.. most likely to surrender)
b) people who are defending their homes (this is the group i'm most sympathetic to
B) Foreign Terrorists
1) Foreign terrorists/Jihadists (these will cause the most trouble)

so there are some innocents in the picture. a lot of foreign terrorists. the usa who won't leave until the jobs done, and some poor *******s who thinks that sadam could come back. The people who are terrorists do indeed call themselves terrorists and where that title as a badge of honor. Most of these groups are too dumb to see if they stop attacking USA troops we'll have no good reason to be there and leave.

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,357 Posts
The Captain said:
Unless all of the middle east is showered with nuclear warheads, I doubt terrorism will ever be defeated.
It's naive to think the middle east is the "source" for terrorism. There are terrorists in South America, Ireland, North America, Asia, Russia...etc. You don't hear about them alot because the media is only focused on the middle east ( read : the land of oil and resources ).

Yours,
-Elly

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
The reason for showing terrorism omly from middle east is also because it has the biggest media value right now, war in Iraq, nuclear crisis in Iran and of course Israel...

And because the european terrorist groups haven't lately done anything, anything big at least...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts