Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
This is very odd. I own Tenchu 2 and I know the game takes no special settings whatsoever. It works fine for me like this.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried it, but it still doesn't run. I even made an ISO file of it, but it still does the same thing. I have a ATI Rage Fury Pro 32 MB, which is D3D.

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
what version do you have nway? You could try one of patches you can find at megagames, you can use pete's cdrom plugin to apply ppf patches without having to make an iso.:D

[removed the link, Done mate!:D]

I also didn't have any problems with this game when I played it.:D:D

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
oi oi Xeven mate...
I'd remove that link if I was you as its not permited to link to sites like that which have illegal material on and you could get warned for it..
just a friendlly bit of advice :)
JAZ

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Xeven
what version do you have nway? You could try one of patches you can find at megagames, you can use pete's cdrom plugin to apply ppf patches without having to make an iso.:D

[removed the link, Done mate!:D]

I also didn't have any problems with this game when I played it.:D:D
I have version 1.2 of ePSXe. Doesn't those patches just change the NTSC to Pal? Or PAL to NTSC?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
those are usualy p4u patches. these ones crack the protection as they are the same as used if u want to copy a psx game to ur psx (if u own a modchip) and its protected. We have to do this cause epsxe doesnt emulate all kinds of psx protections...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Neojag
those are usualy p4u patches. these ones crack the protection as they are the same as used if u want to copy a psx game to ur psx (if u own a modchip) and its protected. We have to do this cause epsxe doesnt emulate all kinds of psx protections...
So I download one of those NTSC to PAL patches? I don't have CD burner, can I still use it when running ISO?

·
5,568 Posts
so patch the ISO.:D

most of the time the patches already have the tools you need to apply the patch to an iso, just read those nfo files and you'll know wut to do. also, the patches only work on specific iso's for specific versions of the game:D

PS: and yeah, try to use EPSXE V1.4, since ur still using the 1.2 ver, i used v1.4:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tried using ePSXe v1.40 with Pete's CD, GPU and SPU plug-ins. Even tried using a .PPF file but still doesn't work. :confused:

·
5,568 Posts
umm, have you ever tried it on VGS, It also worked with VGS when I played it.

and how bout posting your system specs and plugin settings, might give us a clue:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Works good on VGS, but doesn't have ISO support. :( ePSXe graphics are better too, and faster when running ISO.

Specs:
Asus 4x CUV motherboard
Intel Celeron 600 mhz
ATI Rage Fury Pro 32 MB
Soundblaster Live Value sound card
8x DVD drive

·
5,568 Posts
ok now you have me stumped:(

so like give me all info you can give, like does the emu change the screen mode, is the screen nothing but black, does the cdrom light turn on/off or is it always turned on? can you see any error messages on the dos-box? if the screen goes blank and you press esc does the emu go back to the gui? does anything else seem weird? anything..., give me the info and I'll go whip out my tenchu2 cdrom and I'll see if I can help you:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Xeven
ok now you have me stumped:(

so like give me all info you can give, like does the emu change the screen mode, is the screen nothing but black, does the cdrom light turn on/off or is it always turned on? can you see any error messages on the dos-box? if the screen goes blank and you press esc does the emu go back to the gui? does anything else seem weird? anything..., give me the info and I'll go whip out my tenchu2 cdrom and I'll see if I can help you:D
OK, all I get is a black screen, the cdrom light just turn on and off like when running a normal cd. When I press ESC, it does go back to the GUI. There are no error messages, it just has the regular NTSC cd rom detected and all the normal stuff. Nothing seems weird, all I get is a black screen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts