Next Generation Emulation banner

Temporal AA Mouselag

692 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  D.D. 
#1 ·
Hi,

I upgraded to a 19" LCD monitor today (Acer AL1912) and so decided to try using the temporal AA thingy (which i never used before because i was told it was optimized for LCD screens). my problem is, during UT2003, i get slightly noticeable mouselag... is there anyway of fixing it?

#3 ·
what is ur graphics card. and who ever told u Temporal aa was opimized for LCD lied to u. Temp AA turns on Vsyc which why it locks ur fps at ur refresh rate, it does Aa with every frame, if ur card can stay over the refresh rate it will stay like 75fps if ur refresh rate is 75, if it cant then ur fps will take a drop.

i would suggest you use normal aa. Also try turning off mouse Smoothing.

#4 ·
u guys were right. TAA is just weird O_O. using normal 4x AA makes it run nice and smooth so it wasnt the monitor's fault. i guess TAA taxes a 9800 pro too much !

#5 ·
D.D. said:
Hi,

I upgraded to a 19" LCD monitor today (Acer AL1912) and so decided to try using the temporal AA thingy (which i never used before because i was told it was optimized for LCD screens). my problem is, during UT2003, i get slightly noticeable mouselag... is there anyway of fixing it?
Out of interest, what do you think to the display?

Anyway Temporal AA isn't all its cracked up to be TBH. Temporal 2x for example uses 2 alternating AA patterns, displaying one pattern on each alternating frame. The problem with that is that you can see where Temporal AA is changing the AA patterns because those sharp straight lines are blured and 'pulse' which each pattern change.

I personally wouldnt bother using it. 2x/4x FSAA on this display (i've got the AL1912 as well) looks very good indeed.

#6 ·
the display is very good, clear, and sharp. the default settings were WAAY to bright tho, which is the opposite of the CRTs ive used until now. after tweaking it i find it to be vastly superior to my old 17" Dynaflat from Samsung.

i also wanna say that for some reason i see no ghosting or overly painful pixelating when playing UT2004 and CS at 1024, which was my initial worry about this lcd business (since its not the native resolution as u know...). however, its really late over here (3:30) so ill have to see if i can notice it when im nice and awake. :)

so far this monitor is very very good value.

#7 ·
agreed. amazing value. If i had any gripes with it, it would be that the base is a little cheap and it isn't very adjustable. I also have 1 dead pixel to the right of the display, but sitting 3 feet away as i am now, i can't see it. So that isnt really a problem lol.

#8 ·
lol yea i agree with the adjustable thing. i wish it cud go UP. the way to adjust it isnt intuitive either cuz there was a guy at tigerdirect that gave it a 1 out of 5 cuz he cudnt figure out how to tilt it and it wasnt in the manual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.