Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
constructive criticisim is the worst. dont hate me for my opinion since you asked.

you page is ok but it needs a lot of work.

1. you need more practice with making web graphics. if you cant afford adobe then paint shop pro 7 works just fine too and its a lot cheaper. i paid $70 for it when it came out. I would axe the top four buttons. they just dont fit in.

2. the design could be improved. look arround the web and see what you like. dont copy peoples stuff, just get some ideas. finding a design that balances space and color takes along time to create. most people cheat and use templates off html editors.

3. get rid of the poll about your site. its degrading and its not helping you out. if you are going to add a poll make it relevant to your site's content. for example, add a poll that ask what would you like to see in the future, and list some options.

4. your tables are not all centered correctly. you did a decent job here though because you have to have a clean code to get tables to work correctly in netscape.

5. you might consider prioritizing your menus as to what people want to see. the emu's like psx should be on top and nes on the bottom.

You wouldnt like any more of my suggestions. trust me.

B

·
0 Posts
In several parts I agree to ebola, especially the buttons on top aren't really fitting ...
And one thing you should know about sites, is that visitors always want to get directly to the mainpage ! 'Click here to enter', any big logos and all that stuff, it's really useless and confusing, and while it can be on 'normal' sites, news sites certainly shouldn't have them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
..... ermmm, well ... thanks, I guess.... (walks away)

F*** !!!!!!

(walks back)

Good to know that some people aren't afraid to cut me down clean. I needed that. So far , all I've had are people who don't know crap about designing websites tell me its good and nothing to help me. Even thought that was brutal..... I can handle it.... kinda (runs off to corner crying.....j/k) Ebola..... I would like more of your suggestions, just keep in mind I'm only 14 and this is my first webpage, so I wan't exactly aiming for pro material ;) But thanks guys, your constructive criticism wasn't to bad, and I'm ready for more.......

(runs away again)

F***!!!

(comes back)

pheww... ok, shitloads of work, here i come......

C ya

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Well you are a man.You not fear to face anything.
If this is your first webpage I must say it a lot (really a lot better than my page).I used to made 4-5 webpages but all webpage down because I want to see quick result.I want quick successful.I fear to recive bad opinion from people.Well that why I failed.You have to accect other people opinons whatever you like or not because if you can go through this.You will successful man.Believe me no any success you can get easy.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*Sigh* kind words.... don't worry, i can take all the criticism with a smile on my face. As a matter of fact I have already begun making a prototype design to fix my kinks, and I aslo am downloading Paint Shop Pro 7 as we speak (as ebola reccommended) So, only better things to come :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I registered my domain at www.123cheapdomains.com . It was only about 9 or 10 dollars for the years registration.

As for my host, ONLY 1.50 a month ! Thats right, a dollar fitty ! BUT, I'm totally going against there terms of use and trying to escape them left and right. i get unlim. space, 3gigs bandwidth, all the perks (CGI, PHP, Perl, MySQL, etc.) and more.

I host at www.technolojik.com

Hope that helps ! :)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Cool Site ya got there......
(U put a cool picture in the entrance but i don't liked the hybrid emulation logo....But the other logo on the top of your site is cool)
And u could change the colors...they seems a little bit strange......
Besides , your site is pretty cool....U could put some Java apps in your site too.....He seems a little "Hybrid" without it....(like status bar messages, things like that.....)
That's it....But...well... its your site....U change in the way u like...Ain't I right?

K

·
0 Posts
I would start with the color scheme, the blue is fine but needs to blend in better with the other blue colors. The colors of a site are one of the most important aspects of designing a site. If it hurts the visitors eyes because the colors clash with each other then the visitor will most likely not be returning. I say try different shades of blue until you get a good feel to the site, something soft and easy on the eyes, nothing too bright. Also the link colors should be lightened up a lot, or maybe even changed to another color to stand out more. There is some links there that are the default blue link color and is hard to read when there is a black background. Also I saw it mentioned before about graphics, sometimes using less graphics, or smoother graphics can make the site blend nicely. I also agree with the poll, I feel as though it is lame to poll your visitors on what they think about the site ... even Bobbi did that for NGEmu. It is best to poll about either the current content, maybe a hot topic that you are covering, and sometimes you can use it for polling your visitors on what they would like to see added to the site. Those usually make decent polls. Other wise it seems ok, content is easy to find, layout is nice, Maybe centering the whole site might help but not needed. Well hope this helps :p

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, and now... they have all been put to work. Check out this, its a test page for my new design, some of the links work (VERY few) but its pretty much what I'm gonna stick with. The things that I'd consider changing are the templates.

http://www.hybrid-emu.com/hybridemulation/index.htm
Be reminded it will probably look better in Internet Explorer in terms of allignment...

Comments, taunts, whatever.... bring it on ;) :)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Guitar Gamer: Besides the fact it's against our rules, there are two problems with doing roms of any sort. 1. Bandwidth issue. Wouldn't be seen as much with a weekly sort of rom thing, but issue 2 would be more noticeable. 2. If you begin hosting certain kinds of files, you will be targeted with all sorts of emails requesting "romz" and the like. It's much more of a hassle than any upped traffic would be worth.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts