Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I am using 1964 v0.9.9, and I have been using the amazing Glide64 plugin with an AMAZING Gliide 2.x/3.x wrapper, amazing for ATi and nVidia cards:

http://www.zeckensack.de/glide/archive/GlideWrapper080e.exe

..and so, games are playing very nicely. Now, there are a few games I am trying to play, but to be specific...Conker's Bad Fur Day. Now, I have been swapping plugins, depending on the game, through these plugins:

1.)Glide64 v0.7 ME SP7 (main plugin)
2.)Rice's Video Plugin v5.6.0 (secondary)
3.)Jabo's Direct3D v1.5.1 (backup)

Now, in CBFD, there are some nice, special effects (I guess Framebuffer effects etc.. like when you pause), and I have tested with these plugins...

Now, using 1.) everything is okay, except the shadows are square, instead of circlular. Secondly, the textures on the ground are not very nice...you'll see in the Screenshots.

Using 2.), I have the same problems as 1.), but the effect of when you pause is not emulated properly...those who know, you know. But the screen just shows what it looks like. ;)

And using 3.), the only problem I have is the 'pause' problem, but shadows and the textures on the ground, etc.. are amazing! Looks the way it should.

The point i'm getting at here is, is there a reason that I cannot get plugin 1.) to look like plugin 3.) ? I'll show you my settings as well.

I like the Glide plugin, and i've been using it for a long while now..I have better luck with it then Jabo...so, how can I get Glide64 to look like Jabo?

Although, one question....is the game supposed to look the way Jabo emulates it? Or are Glide64 and Rice's plugins doing it right?

Thank you. :D

r2rX :)

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Try out Direct64. As far as I know Conker's BFD runs great with it with all FB effects. :)

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will give that a try...although, from my experience with Direct64, it only worked fine for Legend Of Zelda : Majora's Mask...but, I will try it out. Cheers.

r2rX :D

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
If it doesn't work, try using Hacktarux's glide wrapper with Glide64 instead.

If everything fails.. those issues shouldn't hinder gameplay too bad, should they? :p

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I want to play the games as they were supposed to....at least, as best as possible, since the only way I can truely have that is if I play on the console itself....I hope to see a new version of 1964 soon...

r2rX :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts