Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone already saw this coming, but Namco has officially announced Tekken 6 for the PS3, featuring Jin as the lead character. See some artwork here

and a teaser video here

Just look at the detail. Even Jin's sweat is captured! :p

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Yes, but we were given no guarantee that it was anything other than an FMV

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tekken 5 hype is not yet over, so I guess they wont make any major announcements about this one yet, but at least Tekken fans have something to expect on the next-gen consoles.

·
Registered
89 Posts
so jin decides to king of the king of the iron fist tournament after all, guttsy guy. i wonder though if heihachi will also come back, get the devil gene and transform, that would be super.

but i reckon namco is going too fast we are still enjoying tekken 5

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I still have to play Tekken 5 and they're already planning to release Tekken 6? I really need more free time :)

BTW, judging from the teaser, it looks very promising.

·
Ride the Darkness
337 Posts
Yeh same here i played it a couple of times in the arcade, but havent really spent any time with it. The teaser is showing some nice details.

·
band
4,912 Posts
tekken 5 was in my opinon very very nice. i still have yet to unlock devin jin in that one. then after that theres soul calibur III...

the figher genre sure is gonna be exciting :)

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
isn't capcom gonna make a good fighting game in the next gen consoles

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Capcom has lots of other games to work on. I don’t think we’ll see a new fighter from them for a long time (if ever)

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
the what do you think will happen to the street fighter series

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
The same thing that has been happening since Street Fighter III was released in 1997. Nothing, absolutely nothing, no Street Fighter Sequel, nothing new just a port/rehash here and there.

Street Fighter has been dead for the last seven years. Its sad but thats just the way it is.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
yeah i think its sad

but if they want to keep up with the fighting games right now
they would have to make a street fighter fully 3d
comparable to the tekken series
that is if they want to revive it
i think

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
I think not.
The strength of SF was it's 2d roots. The best they could do in 3d would be to make a fully cell shaded game with no 3d dodging or 3d effects. Simply put the Cell shading would simply add in far more frames of animation (in 2d a kick is about 3 frames, in 3d that'd be 60)
Sammy have shown with the Guilty Gear series that there is still plenty of room for 2d fighters

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Isn't the Hyper Street Fighter on the PS2/XBOX Street Fighter Anniversery pack from the arcade? Isn't it a CPS2 game that was released last year? and the next KOF is going to be 2D, so I think 2D may survive...

I wasn't greatly impressed by 3D Street Fighter...

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Remember the EX series? those were never any good.

Yeah, maybe they should just go into cell-shading, unless it turns out to be a Bukodai clone.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
i really liked and still thinks is my favorite fighting series
street fighter
but capcom has to innovate a find a way to bring it back
with a new version not 3d but not remakes of the same thing

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Sasuke said:
Remember the EX series? those were never any good.

Yeah, maybe they should just go into cell-shading, unless it turns out to be a Bukodai clone.
yeah... I got SF EX III played it few times... and than got rid of it... I was so angry about myself that I've bought it...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts