Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

· Registered IT crowd
691 Posts
Maybe U should try gsdx SSE3, then. (Vista dx10)
And update your directx to its latest version (June 2008).

· Registered
5,569 Posts
It has been uttered 100000 times atleast that tekken 5 needs to be run through run-execute command to avoid crash after mini game. If you are getting to Browser when using execute that means you didnt configure cd/dvd plugin correctly.

· Registered
164 Posts
^ I would be kicking myself in the nuts right now, if I did not try that already. :) Unfortunately, it crashes even when I do that. I go run/execute, and I do not get to browser, minigame loads, I press start and sayonara tekken.

· Registered
3 Posts
i have been following this thread for some time, i had some problems registering, since i was using hotmail..... nyways, i get the browser screen, and i tried configuring my cd/dvd plugin but there doesnt seem to be much to configure. I've tried using the actual DVD, the ISO, and a variety of plugins.

My specs: Intel Core2 6600 2.40Ghz, 2 Gigs of RAM Nvidia 7600GT.
space is no problem, (i have around 650 Gigs)

any help would be appreciated, thnx

· Registered
164 Posts
^ which is really weird. :/ It's my kind of problem - unsolvable. XD
Well I guess you already tried this, but then again: Use linuzappz Iso CDVD 0.7.0, load an image in it and do not load it in any virtual drive at the same time (!). Try using non-VM version, it could help. Then go to run/execute. What other plugins are you using at this time? Which version of PCSX2? Can you boot the game at all via File/Run CD/DVD?
I hope someone will help me with my problem soon, but I think there is no hope. :/

· Registered
3 Posts
can someone help us? I use "execute" on tekken 5, but it goes to the browser. someone said its a setting problem on the cdvd plugin, but u cant configure it in any way.

unrelated to this, i am trying to play spartans total warrior. I can go into the menu, until i reach the "Start game " button, it hangs, wif a black screen.

specs are in a previous post

· Registered
10 Posts
can someone help us? I use "execute" on tekken 5, but it goes to the browser. someone said its a setting problem on the cdvd plugin, but u cant configure it in any way.
If you seem to be reaching the browser, then you've got a null plugin configured for your cd/dvd in pcsx2. Go to the main config screen, and from the cd/dvd dropdown, select any of the plugins that don't have a null in their name.

Doing this should let you choose the game you want to load then next time you run->execute pcsx2.

By the way, I've been trying to get Tekken 5 to run on my system too, and have reached as far as the intro movie (~ 10 fps) i.e. I made it thro the intro for abt 15 sec after pressing START :), but its crashed after that, before it could reach the game menu.
I'm using v 0.9.5 svn 377, along with GSDX1-8 sse3/sse4 version of graphic plugin, D3DX9_36.dll,D3DX10_36.dll,d3dcompiler.dll,directx_june2008_redist.

My system specs: ASUS G1S Laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo T7500
Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT
2 GB DDR2 RAM
Windows XP SP3
Twin Shock GamePad

By the way, even though my processor is a dual core, selecting the compiler optimization options (especially for Dual Core Cpus) under cpu settings always crashes the game after the NAMCO intro, or at times, doesn't even reach there. So if the game doesn't even start for anybody, that's a few options to check out and maybe toy around with. [Try once with all cpu optimizations deselected/default settings for cpu, and see if it works ].

Good Luck. Hope someone of us will reach the game menu soon ;)

· Registered
10 Posts
That's kind of strange that you reach the browser even after using those plugins. Are you trying to play the game from your dvd player or from an iso?

If your using your DVD disk, try to make an iso image of it and then load it.

I had faced the same problem when as soon as I started PCSX2, it went into the browser, without even asking for a game iso to open, but it was happening as I was using one of the null dvd drivers. It got ok as soon as I loaded a proper dvd plugin.

· Registered
63 Posts
Will you ever learn?

Post-minigame crashes are caused due to the Gsdx configuration.

1. DirectX9 - any resolution works
2. DirectX10 - Only native, and any resolution up to ~800x600

Also, any BIOS over 1.60 is buggy when it comes to Tekken.

· Registered
3 Posts
some help

hello, just wondering if anyone could lemme know wth to do, ive followed every step accrdingly and i have the nessecary requirements but when i try and start disgaea 2 as an iso all that comes up are lines and lines of readisoblock, then i get to the browser. appreciate any help
//Yuber

· Registered
10 Posts
i have tried 2 other plugins the lastest versions of Linuzappz and PEOPS.
PEOPS doesn't work ok for me...... With Linuzappz, i think there are a couple of problems..... i wonder is anybody could confirm this -

1) if PCSX2 crashes (but the process is still running from task manager), and PCSX2 is run again (so now there would be two tasks in the task manager for PCSX2, one old, which did not get killed, and one current) then Linuzappz fails to work with Run->execute or load cd/dvd thereafter, until a system restart is done, or if I load some other dvd plugin, and reload the Linuzappz plugin again.
Also, run->execute fails to work after this anyway and keeps going to the browser. Only load cd/dvd works. Soongkit1, can you confirm if this is the problem?

2) If you use a wrong region bios with a different region game DVD or iso, then Linuzappz plugin fails to Run->execute.

For both of these, I can't confirm the issue. Can somebody try and confirm this, if they have conflicting region bios and game versions?

So as you can make out, i've still not been able to get Tekken 5 to work, but maybe we're getting close to then problem.
I feel its still an issue with the cd/dvd plugin rather than PCSX2 or graphics plugin, that causes Tekken 5 to crash (immediately after pressing the start button from the minigame).
If you check the console output when PCSX2 crashes, you can make out that the crash happens while trying to read the game disk, but unfortunately, I dont know much abt how PCSX2 or Linuzappz works to figure that one out.

One point though, if you're unable to reach even the minigame, and get an immediate crash after loading Tekken 5, try to turn off EERec - EE/IOP recompiler in cpu settings. I've got a core 2 duo T7500, but still get a crash when this is enabled.

· Registered IT crowd
691 Posts
With Linuzappz, i think there are a couple of problems
Well, i run it using Linuzappz, and it works great.

I go on thinking you made a bad dump and should try to re-dump your ISO.

If you use a wrong region bios with a different region game DVD or iso, then Linuzappz plugin fails to Run->execute.

For both of these, I can't confirm the issue. Can somebody try and confirm this, if they have conflicting region bios and game versions?
I don't think so.

If the game works on your PS2 with your own bios, the result should be the same under pcsx2. It proves the game is compatible with this bios.

The problem comes from somewhere else, then.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts