Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry for my bad english!

Here my Problem:

I didn'd belive it, but it really goes! I open the game, it goes after long waiting, but with a bad quality:

1. What can I do for a better quality???

____

2. I can't see the characters!!!! Why?

I hope you can help me

That's my PC:

Intel Quad Q6600 @ 2,40Ghz
3069Mb (Ram)
32bit windows vista
2 x Ati Radeon HD 3870

· Registered IT crowd
691 Posts
Hi

1 Which version of pcsx2 do U use ?

2 Which plugins ?

3 Don't expect too much from tekken 5, anyway. It's a hard one to emulate even if ya have a good machine

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for Helping!

1 I use pcsx2 0.9.4

2 Grafik: ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.0
[x] Interface enable
[x] Bilinear Filtering

Anti aliasing for sharper Graphic: 4X

Sond: P.E.Op.S SOU2
Volume: 3: loud
Reverb: 0: No Reverb
Interpolation 2: Gaussian interpolation

Cdvdrom P.E.Op.S. CDVD (CDDA mod) 1.3.0
Interface: W2K/XP - IOCTL scsi commands
Drive: (3:2:0) Drive R:
Cachng Mode: Read Ahead - fast, reads more sectors at once

Error handling: [x] Try again on reading error. Retry count (1-10): [5]
[x] Show message box on reading error

· Registered IT crowd
691 Posts
yup, what settings are you using, especially for graphic plugin, sound plugin, and cpu plugin.

yup, what settings are you using, especially for graphic plugin, sound plugin, and cpu plugin.

EDIT : ok, U were quicker than me. ;)

First, change your graphics plugin to gsdx latest version. (use sse3 version, as you have Vista, means Dx10).
Second, better make an ISO of your CD and use Linuz appz CD/DVD iso driver to run your game from your HDD.
Third, check every box in config/cpu from pcsx2 main window (activate frameskip may help a bit).

If all this doesn't improve much, you still can :
- Lower graphic details (using internal res in gsdx settings, disabling AA and bilinear filtering)
- Use latest pcsx2 svn version & activate speed hacks. (However, don't ask for support if you use it, because it's beta version and not supported here)

BUT...
keep in mind 2 things :

1 - Tekken 5 is hardly emulated. (very slow anyway)
2 - Your config is an excellent one, but for pcsx2 is weaker than mine, because Quad core isn't supported (means it will consider you have a Dual core 2.4 Ghz). Moreover crossfire isn't supported either. Means pcsx2 will consider you have only one Ati Radeon HD 3870.

Hope it'll work with all this. Good luck ! ;)

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

· Registered IT crowd
691 Posts
Well I think you Oughta read this first : Pcsx2 guide config for noobs

Believe me, you'll spare time.

Why there is no PCSX2_0.9.5? Because with this version it GOES
Because 0.9.5 is still in beta version (not fully stable yet, still in dev)and thus can't be considered as an official release.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I think you Oughta read this first : Pcsx2 guide config for noobs

Believe me, you'll spare time.

Because 0.9.5 is still in beta version (not fully stable yet, still in dev)and thus can't be considered as an official release.

I read it 1000 Times!!!! :(

I didn't uderstand, what you mean with PCSX0.9.5, but i know it goes with this version. I will wait, and when i have the new version, then the game Goes! How long it takes, that 0.9.5 is ready for download?

· Registered IT crowd
691 Posts
I read it 1000 Times!!!!
Well, hard to explain you better than in that guide, then. Sry...:(

I didn't uderstand, what you mean with PCSX0.9.5
Maybe I wasn't clear enough : 0.9.5 version is open for public testing and bug reporting, but not considered as a final release because still in developement. 0.9.4 is the latest official release because tested many times and finally known to be stable.

How long it takes, that 0.9.5 is ready for download ?
When pcsx2 team has time to make it stable (takes a long time to debug and make new features work)
BUT...
You can still try 0.9.5 SVN 377 if you want. It's here.
But keep in mind that no one will help u to make it work, as this version is only for testing purposes.

· Registered
164 Posts
I have a question concerning Tekken 5, so I will ask it here and not open another thread. :)
The version of Tekken 5 I have is listed as playable. But I cannot get even to the menus. When I start it, I get that minigame loading screen, and when I press start, it crashes. I tried with 0.9.2, 0.9.4 and the latest beta, it is all the same. I tried different plugins and configurations, but the problem remains. Is there a specific configuration that makes Tekken playable or something? For I see no other solution to my problem. Tekken 5 doesn't work even after operating system reinstall. It is really weird. :/

· Registered
4 Posts
same problem as grimlord

i have tried and tested with
pcsx2 0.9.4 and 0.9.5 svn 377
GSDx SSE4 DirectX9.0c (Hardware)
-Logarithmic Z (checked)
ZeroSPU2 0.4.4(muted)
All bioses starting with v1, v1.6, v2 for both ntsc and pal.
Run Execute gives the Browser, from which if I press X on the CD it changes to a half screen for a sec and goes back to the browser.
Comp Specs are:
C2D T5550 1.83 Ghz
Intel GM965 Integrated Graphics with PS 3.0 and Dx9.0c support (it plays DMC3 beautifully at 60fps)
2GB DDR2 RAM

please help

· Registered IT crowd
691 Posts
All bioses starting with v1, v1.6, v2 for both ntsc and pal.
I don't know why you try it on the emu, as you seem to own every ps2 released so far (rich guy :lol:)

anyway, I think you should both try re-dumping ISO from your DVD.

@grimlord : could you please post your specs and plugins config, please ?

· Registered
4 Posts
Useful Info

@jesalvein and those like him
Dudes if you wanna talk join the discussion forums coz if u cant help then learn to be quiet and let the pros do the talkin. :angry: So what if I have all the PS2s released I am a dedicated fan of PCSX2 and want to know why it does not work for some while it does for the others.

We want to know from the people who got it to work and labelled it as PLAYABLE. We would highly appreciate it if those who got it to work posted their plugin configs as well as the bios it worked on.
The game concerned with it is SLUS 21059 and btw my os is Vista Home Basic and i keep getting a cputlbmiss 249.... code=8 error while the screen doesn't show anything but the console keeps outputting the same line over and over and i have to end process to kill it.:dead:

· Registered IT crowd
691 Posts
WOW

From now on, I won't try to say anything without my lawyer :lol:

Seriously, no need to lose your temper. :p

Got this game working with Europe (PAL) BIOS V2.00 using

Pcsx2 0.9.5 svn 377
gsdx 0.1.8 SSE2
ZeroSPU 0.4.5

but the console keeps outputting the same line over and over and i have to end process to kill it.
Could you please post a screen ?

· Registered
164 Posts
I see that some ppl have the same problem as I do. With the infinite console lines is the problem I get sometimes. But it's simply a bad emu configure. When I get to actually boot the game, it crashes after the minigame, as I previously stated.
jesalvein, I really doubt that it is cuz of the plugins configuration and all. But here, I'll explain what did I try. Almost every GSDX plugin that was released, including the newest SVN's, older and newest versions of PCSX2, Zero's SPU plugin, both 0.4.5 and 0.4.6. I'm using same bios as you. I tried with all CPU settings combinations, and Speed Hacks.
I think it would be best if you posted your configuration, but I doubt it will help. This is quite a riddle. It could be something about our hardware, perhaps. But I really dunno. :/ I'm on x64 Vista btw.

@baros.hendricks - Do not use Execute command. Go to file/run cd/dvd.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts