Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
In GSdx disable Nloop hack, texture filtering and alpha correction.
Enable NATIVE option in GSdx
In cpu config keep
1:consecutive frames before skipping=1 and the last option next to this as 2
disable all speed hacks and enable them one by one to isolate the problem, I can't remember the proper name but there is a hack which breaks the game.
In game fixes option enable the fix for Tekken5
In advancedoptions config use the defaults option.
Use an ISO
Start the game form File>run CD/DVD

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
Use 0.9.6 as it has implementations to get the game running at a faster rate and with less chance of crashing.

I tried tekken5 with 0.9.6 but could not get any speed increase, old playground versions around 300 series were really good. But I haven't tested enough with the emulator so I maybe wrong to a certain extent.

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
I'm using 0.9.6, and with my AMDX2 5000+ @2.6GHz, I can play Tekken 5 at an average of 42FPS. So yeah my config is

Oh and my favorite stage to play is the Final Stage 2 since I noticed it is the least taxing of all the stages. But you can't practice your wall combos there since there are no walls on that stage.

The black vertical lines are apparently the effect of the D3D Internal res in GSDX so you might want to check Native.
The fastest stage in the game is the one with the car hanging in the background, I get 40-42 fps on PAL i.e., 80% full speed with VU skip last two options as 1 and 4. Using GSdx sse2 since my cpu is AMD X2 4400+

1 - 3 of 3 Posts