Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can know, Tekken 5 arcade is in the world from few days :eyemove: I'd like to ask if anyone from our NGemu family have access to it, play it, her/his feelings about it and so on, so on :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
You kidding? I'm not into arcade games, but I'm *guessing* that, within days, there will be people posting screenshots playing it on a emulator on their PC. Just a wild guess, though. :p
- Modem

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Not likely...these Namco boards have not been emulated yet (nor will they be any time soon). You run a better chance thinking it can be run on PCSX2 when the PS2 version comes out, but even that is a long way off.

We will try to get out to the arcades and try it out. We rather enjoy the Tekken series. We are curious to see if the gameplay has been improved since Tekken 4. We are also curious about ole Heihachi

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Tekken 3 is *BARELY* playable on a 3.4 GHZ system via MAME, you'd be better off buying the PSX CD and playing it with an emulator that supports it...
So imagine what Tekken 5 would require? Heck, I traded two games for Tekken 4, because I'll get a PS2 before I'll own a PC that could run it!
Considering how "Graphic" Tekken 5 will be, I shudder to imagine the PC required to run it...
Thanks but no thanks...
I'll bet the Tekken 5 DVD will be in the budget bin before a computer capable of emulating it exists...

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
doooh... I asked about your arcade experience with this game, not any emu, I know about that it's not emulated and won't be soon (hmm 3 years?) tekken5 is released on modified PS2 hardware - board .... also I know about tekken 3... if I wanted to ask such question I'd ask about it in emu section... please read the topic and my first post and don't offtopic/spam.

anyway waiting for Dark Watcher's opinion :) 'couse those board won't arrive to my place soon I think...

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I was just replying to another post and making a comparison.
It irritates me when people say something will be emulated without understanding the requirements to emulating it...
Anyways, I haven't seen it in the 'local' arcades yet *when was it 'released'? And I doubt it'll be at any arcade near me any time soon...
I wonder if it's a DVD running on PS2 hardware like Tekken 4?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here you have some specifications about the board, which is upgraded version of System 246 still people... I beg you don't write here anything about emulation here... it's not a section for this kind of discussion.

I wonder how Tekken 5 is gonna be like on PS2 :)

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Yeah, I was wondering as well...
Wasn't Tekken 4 arcade perfect on the PS2?
Considering the board for Tekken 5 is an 'advanced' board, it might push the PS2 version a bit.
I heard a rumor Tekkn 5 might be ported to the Gamecube and XBOX as well...
I'd sure love to try Tekken 5!

·
Registered
325 Posts
i saw a preview of tekken 5 on gamespot. a few new characters but tekkentag has more charac than tekn5. i play arcade too, so ill give some impressions when it comes here, but ill practice it on ps2 before that,hehe

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Paratech -> yeah tekken 4 is arcade perfect, and I think that ps2 version will have something cut of or lowered to mach ps2 limits :) as for other consoles, never ever :D ;) it was just a rumor :)

Cons we are waiting :) for your arcade impressions not ps2 one :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts