Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all! Today I attempted to run Tekken 5 PAL on my laptop with PCSX2.
The official web site states that Tekken 5 only can go to "Intro", however I succeed in getting into main menu(without patch) but the problem is that I can only see a black screen.

The funny thing is that i can still hear the sound from main menu or character screen, options, etc. So i have to listen to the sound and decide which option I`ll choose. :dance:

It was so hard to get into menu becouse I had to press X button after the 1st memory card detection screen appears, otherwise PCSX2 hits infinite loop. Since PCSX2 is still in WIP, I couldn`t see the intro movies but THIS IS WHAT WE CAN CALL AMAZING WORK FROM PCSX2 TEAM. :nod:

I just didn`t post screen shots since it`s only a black screen.
I just wanted to report that TEKKEN 5 actually goes into main menu.
And also the mini game at the beginning of Tekken 5 works perfectly, so maybe you can enjoy that :thumb:
Thanks to PCSX2 Team and Merry Christmas everyone! :thumb:

Here are my settings.
GSdx9(SSE2) 0.8
P.E.Op.S. SPU2 DSound Driver 1.3
PADwinKeyb Driver 0.9
CDVDbin Driver 0.9
BIOS: USA v1.6
CPU Setting : Recompiler
Tekken 5.mdf(I made an iamge file from my Tekken 5)

·
Read Only
9,687 Posts
As you said
"The official web site states that Tekken 5 only can go to "Intro","
That compatibility list is for the coming version.
Betatesters test the game with new betas, so maybe in the current version it can go further but with the beta that they used it can't.

Anyways, thanks for the report.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to mention about the version of my PCSX2. I got 0.9 WIP from internet and it`s compiled in November. I think the reason why Tekken 5 couldn`t be displayed but actually it`s running, is just because of GRAPHIC PLUG-IN. Maybe there are some incomplete code in WIP version itself.
However, this progress is so amazing.:nod:

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
SU-WRC said:
I forgot to mention about the version of my PCSX2. I got 0.9 WIP from internet and it`s compiled in November. I think the reason why Tekken 5 couldn`t be displayed but actually it`s running, is just because of GRAPHIC PLUG-IN. Maybe there are some incomplete code in WIP version itself.
However, this progress is so amazing.:nod:
There are so many different versions of 0.9 that have been made, it's quite possible that one build had the game working while another build it didn't. Chances are that Tekken 5 just wasn't tested on the same build that you tried. Anyways, keep discussion about testing the CVS builds out of this forum, as it is against the rules here.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.