·
8+ Years
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
8+ Years
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have more but then Im too lazy to post them up. :) If you want to see more...just ask. :)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by NickK
And we can also compare it to DOA3 which looks much nicer IMHO.
Agreed... however, in the DreamCast vs PS2 days, this would've been da bomb :D But as we all know the playing field has changed...

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
DAMN! Eddy is so man! And the girl is so sexy!

I think i should spend more time to build my muscle instead of surfing everyday! I feel so weak when looking at those fighting games characters :eek:

Btw, i prefer character design in Tekken 4 more than DOA3. And also, the character design in Soul calibur series is GREAT! Especially the character called "nightmare"! ;)

S

·
0 Posts
man....I must be spoiled, but, those graphics don't look THAT impressive to me at all....
I mean, not that they're bad, they look good (especially the girls of course ;)), but Namco used to be a step ahead in terms of gfx, while this looks rather average for todays standards IMO.

I think virtua fighter 4 looked much better as well..

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
hey, i just played this in the arcade yesterday.. looks good, but the scanlines were huge coz of the huge ass screen, but the graphics look nice enuff, some jaggies tho.. :p

S

·
0 Posts
oh, the jaggies...I think many people take those jaggies waayyy too seriously.

but then again, that depends a bit on personal taste as well...

S

·
0 Posts
oh, it's probably good...
but graphics-wise I think there are much better games out at the mo.

allthough it's the gameplay that matters of course ...but I happen to look at gfx too ;)

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
yup i agree, e.g. doa3 looks better .. but well, let's just see.. i still like the characters as well as the moves of the guys from tekken than any other fighting game right now though.. :)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by Samor
oh, the jaggies...I think many people take those jaggies waayyy too seriously.
Eye sensitivity... :)
My eyes are sensitive to sharp edge discontinuities (i.e. jaggies), but less sensitive to colour discontinuities.... I don't mind playing games at 16bit colour, if it means I could bump up the resolution and get smoother framerates ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Oh, but I like sharp....didnt get a dc vgabox for nothing....

I guess I just dont have a really big problem with pixelated or jaggies....allthough 3d on vgs looks really ugly !

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Not dissing VGS or anything (I use it for any game that doesn't work on ePSXe or FPSe), but yeah I couldn't stand the 3D quality in VGS.... heck, I can't even stand 3D on the real PSX on TV... that tells you something ;)

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
Let me add some tekken pic .

Actually, these pics (including Tom_e' pics) are only 60% completed according to Namco.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts