Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I'm a perfectionist so far the best emu I found for this game is VGS(but I'm not settling for vgs coz of the ugly graphics) next is AdriPSX(coz ePSXe is to jerky must be because of the core coz PSemuPro does this also) the only problem is that 2 seconds after XA music starts it goes to chipmunk mode(it plays fast) but the gameplay still remains perfect as well as the sounds only the XA gets messed up, I checked PSXFanatics but they I found no solution any of you know a solution for this('cep for disabling XA)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Originally posted by aoshi
(coz ePSXe is to jerky must be because of the core coz PSemuPro does this also)
I would like to point out that I'm able to run Tekken 3 on my computer with ePSXe with perfect sound and music (not choppy.) Use Iori's 1.4 plugin and get a fast GPU as well :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry bad english, it is not jerky as in "jerky" i'll just describe it, umm.. it is not as fluid as that in PSX or Arcade or its is in AdriPSX and VGS even if the fps counter says 59.9 I feel it is around 50 I tried different plugins already(believe me, i was doing this since ePSXe 1.01) also tried it as an iso. any more suggestions?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I don't know what you consider to be "smooth," but I really couldn't notice any defects in the sound. (Certantly not jerkyness or any sort of popping.)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've never encountered any problems with Tekken 3 on ePSXe, neither. I use Pete's OGL 1.53 video driver and Pete's Dsound 1.10 sound driver. The sound plays perfectly and it's never out ot synch...

The only resemblance to your problem that I've encountered is this: I've been using Detonator 12.41 before and ePSXe worked really great (alway sclose to 60 fps), but when I changed it Detonator 21.83, ePSXe still reports 60 fps, though the action is considerably slower. It's not jerky--the action is still very smooth, but it's like I'm playing is semi-slow motion. So, I had no choice but to revert to v12.41.

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
i used to notice some jerkiness with my old computer.. but when I upgraded everything is as smooth as silk..;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
k, thanks for the sugggestions I'll go wait for the next versions of AdriPSX and ePSXe... I'll go play with KOF2k(woohoo) for a while

1 - 9 of 9 Posts