Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to get Tekken 3 to run on Epsxe 1.40. The graphics quality is fine, but the game runs noticably slow. Even the audio is slow.
I'm running a AMD 500Mhz K6-2, 128MB RAM, Nvidia TNT2 M64 32MB AGP. I'm running the most current drivers and DirectX 8.
Should this performance be expected or can I get it run as fast as it does on Virtual Game Station?
Any help will be appreciated... thanks.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
all i've noticed is an option in petes plugin to fix pauses.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm from Trinidad :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
that's odd, Tekken 3 works great for me, besides the music problem which i am having with all games, everything else is great to me in tekken 3

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I wasn't able to get it to work yet!! :(

Can any one post some plugin conf for Tekken3??? :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
it works for me

Tekken 3 works fine on my machine except for the skippy audio at 55 fps (my config with pete ogl 1.51).
My only problem are random freezes of the game (I actually use an iso to speed up the loading times)

My hw: TBird 900, 256 ram, Asus 7700 deluxe Geforce2 Gts, 30 Giga Ibm ultra ATA 100, Asus A7v Mainboard:emb:

·
I'm dangerous
533 Posts
I have seen many problem like this,
but if you see my best solution for all games, on emuforums\epsxe\plugins trouble you'll find this solution.

-If The game have a pause beetween screen :
try to change the long DMA chain to Short
Ex: Tekken3
Not Smooth as other Emulator (this will give the best sound too):
-Try to change the region code to PAL, BUT the Plugins to
NTSC----(Thanx to someone that i forget his name to tell
this is more accurate, if that 'someone' read this, please
tell me your name. thanx)

·
Registered
36 Posts
i use Lewpy's plugin for my Gpu, it's probably because of your Grahpic Config. or plugins, most of the time, it's the Gpu.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
since we have the same clock frequency and 3D accelerator first you must check the tekken fix(i'm talking about petes ogl) then in the in game enable frameskip and disable limit fps it should work in good speed

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tekken Finish Problems

Is anyone actually able to finish arcade more in Tekken 3? When I beat the game it plays the winners movie and gets up to where it says "Enter the Tekken." Then nothing but a black screen. I don't really care about winning as much as having the secret people. Can anyone that has finished just send me a memory card file with the extra people?

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Tekken 3 runs nearly perfect on my system.. The music plays good too.. That is weird with all you saying that there are music problems.. There are some timing problems though.. Even when the gpu says 60 fps it feels slower than normal somehow.. I have tried all those fixes in petes pluggins(pc frames calc) and lewpys pluggin(framecap to "old") but still at certain times, the game feels slower than 60.. Weird.. I have beaten the game and saved some secret characters.. Not too many because I don't play the game often enough anymore.. If you are looking for a save with all the characters activated then goto www.gamefaqs.com and download the dexdrive saves with them already unlocked.. Then use some memcard managers to convert them or use epsxe executor to import them.. Or use cheats with PEC as Neversurrender pointed out.. I find it easier to just download the dexdrives from gamefaqs..:)

usuallysilas... Upgrading would help speed up the game a lot but there will still be the timing problems.. I have noticed several games with timing problems that are very noticeable..

mgs
FF7
Tekken 3

and a few others.. I guess all we can do is wait for a new release of epsxe that fixes these probs.. And yes I did set dma chains to short..

I have used VGS before on my old amd k6-2 533 with a voodoo 3 3000 pci and it ran with too much frameskipping.. You can't disable Frameskipping in VGS but I wonder how fast the games would really run with it off.. Try running GT2 on a system like this and you really notice how ugly the graphics are and how much frameskipping VGS uses.. Luckily I upgraded to my new computer and everything runs fast on epsxe as well as VGS now..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
Tekken 3 runs nearly perfect on my system.. The music plays good too.. That is weird with all you saying that there are music problems.. There are some timing problems though.. Even when the gpu says 60 fps it feels slower than normal somehow.. I have tried all those fixes in petes pluggins(pc frames calc) and lewpys pluggin(framecap to "old") but still at certain times, the game feels slower than 60.. Weird.. I have beaten the game and saved some secret characters.. Not too many because I don't play the game often enough anymore.. If you are looking for a save with all the characters activated then goto www.gamefaqs.com and download the dexdrive saves with them already unlocked.. Then use some memcard managers to convert them or use epsxe executor to import them.. Or use cheats with PEC as Neversurrender pointed out.. I find it easier to just download the dexdrives from gamefaqs..:)

usuallysilas... Upgrading would help speed up the game a lot but there will still be the timing problems.. I have noticed several games with timing problems that are very noticeable..

mgs
FF7
Tekken 3

and a few others.. I guess all we can do is wait for a new release of epsxe that fixes these probs.. And yes I did set dma chains to short..

I have use VGS before on my old amd k6-2 533 with a voodoo 3 3000 pci and it ran with too much frameskipping.. You can't disable Frameskipping in VGS but I wonder how fast the games would really run with it off.. Try running GT2 on a system like this and you really notice how ugly the graphics are and how much frameskipping VGS uses.. Luckily I upgraded to my new computer and everything runs fast on epsxe as well as VGS now..

YOu have music? What plug-in are you using, how is it configured, and what kinda soundcard do you have?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ok, now I downloaded the game files, so where do I get the converter? I tried using the one on the site, but it seems to be no help.

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
I got a SB live xgamer with all the latest drivers.. I use the internal epsxe spu. The music plays fine in Tekken 3 for me. Enable spu irq and sio irq if you haven't done so..

For the saves, use the memcard convertors from aldos at aldos tools.. here:

http://www.geocities.com/aldo.vargas/tools/index2.html

or use epsxe executor and import the dexdrive saves. Just hit import in the memcard options of executor and point to the dexdrive saves. Executor should create a formatted memcard with the saves in the dexdrive saves imported onto it..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also have problems with Tekken 3

Hi guys!!

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem with Tekken 3. I get the game tu run but it is too slow. What's more weird is that the game runs "less slower" with the Pete D3D pluging instead of the OGL, which is weird since I have a TNT card and it's supposed to be better with the OGL driver.

Someone mentioned the "tekken 3 fix", what's that?, where can I get it?

Other problems I have: The music and video sound quality is pretty bad, lots of glitches and stuff.

When playing with my gamepad (Wingman rumblepad) the buttons response is slow, if I use the keyboard it's normal.

My system:

P2-450
128 mb ram
TNT board (16mb) running latest nvidia drivers

The game runs great with VGS (too bad its not 3D accelerated), and it run very good with Bleem! (although it has some slowdowns)

Thanks for any help

Drac

·
Registered
50 Posts
I guess it must just be my sound card because I still have no music.

You know I have the same trouble with my Gamepad. I have a Gravis Eliminator Pro USB, but I think it's the pad because it's erratic in some windows games too. I also have a Gravis Xterminator Gameport controller that usually works fine in everything, but it acts really stange with ePSXe. I hooked my old 4 button PC Pro Pad 4 into the gameport and it seems to work great 98% percent of the time. Though at times it does move up and down when I don't want it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts