1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Unlimited...
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tecmo: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 less violent
By Luke Anderson, GameSpot UK
Posted Jun 26, 2009 7:01 am PT

The latest instalment in Team Ninja's hack-and-slash romp to be toned down for PS3 release.

When Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2's debut trailer appeared earlier this year at GDC it left more than a few people scratching their heads. A PlayStation 3 redux of the Xbox 360's well-received Ninja Gaiden II, the video gave many the impression that Sigma 2 may feature toned down violence, rather than hardcore gore the series is known for.

It appears that assumption is correct, according to Sigma 2's producer, Yosuke Hayashi. Hayashi, who was in London today at an event for the game, told journalists "when we developed Ninja Gaiden 2 we very much placed the emphasis on the violence. Since last year the number of games featuring high levels of violence increased. So rather than do something the same as everyone else is doing we decided to make it different." Despite this, GameSpot UK can confirm Sigma 2 will still contain blood, limb dismemberment and decapitations, though the level of blood spatter is markedly less than in Ryu Hayabusa's last Xbox 360 outing.

In addition to less gore the other major changes this time around, according to Hayashi, is an improved camera system and adjustments to the level of difficulty--something else the series is known for. Hayashi also played down any plans to support Sigma 2 with DLC, saying "we are not going to support downloadable content for the time being."

---

Uuughhh Ninja Gaiden 2: Lite

This is stupid. I like my ninja games with extreme amounts of blood and gore. Makes it more satisfying =\

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Let me guess, they'll compensate with increased polygon count on the titties, Soul Calibur style?

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 less violent, huh ??? I like that. The violence is not necessarily. I am happy now. :)

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I'm on the fence, I don't like watering down games, but I don't need gore to like a game. In fact I was turned off of Left 4 Dead 2s gore in the preview video.

I like playing video games and don't need a bloodbath to enjoy the game.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
As long as it's realistically and doesn't go to Killer Instinct levels where the models contain more blood than physically possible. Left 4 Dead had it right though, it wouldn't be the same if I couldn't see chunks of zombie plastered to the walls.

·
Professional Spitter.
972 Posts
As long as there will be more enemies to kill in order to make up for the loss of blood, im happy :)

Seriously though, blood is what made the first 3D NG so fun, imo. Getting rid of it just ruins it, imo.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Lemming? Cow? Oh please don't tell me you visit Gamespot's system wars section.
Dude, way to skate the issue and com back with an insult. I think he hit the nail on the head. Removing some of the gore from a game isn't going to "break" the PS3.:lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.