Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I am certainly getting pretty good at TF2. The fact I am getting more attention from medics kind of confirms it. This is with experiencing horrible lag on the server, I was able to hold my own against clan mates. Currently using a poor Gateway mouse with a broken scroll wheel and messed up sensor. Next month a Logitech G500 is on my list of purchases.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Hmm...not sure a Logitech G500 is the way to go. Rather check out a bunch of mice first if you can. It's not that the G500 is bad...it's just that it's not a mouse I'd pick given there are nicer mice for similar price plus it not quite having the shape I want.

Budget gaming mice are where it's at. Cheap but weight adjustable mouse is the way to go. The more expensive ones are only for once you've been through one of those and know what you want from your gaming mouse.

Also invest in a new mouse-pad.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Your point being?

·
Classic Games Lover
5,277 Posts
I've been using G500 for over two years now, it's a great mouse. Not expensive either, it's ~€50 only.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I'm not saying it's a bad mouse...but before I knew about gaming mice I always wanted Logitech's top mice, the G500 and the G9...however I've since had a chance to hold them in my hand and those mice aren't for me, buying them would have been a mistake.

I've found I like big (both tall and long), specifically right-handed (so not ambidextrous symmetry) with a significant wing/thumb wresting area, weight-adjustable mice.
Flat and/or small is an automatic no-no (so basically none of Razer's mice then) for me.

NEVER pick a high-end mouse on rep alone.

*sigh* I wish I would have bought 5 Stingers back when I had the chance cuz I don't look forward to the day when this one breaks and I have to try and find an alternative.

·
Classic Games Lover
5,277 Posts
Isn't MX Revolution Logitech's top mouse? G500 and G9 seem too cheap to be the top ones. I personally didn't like G9's shape either but G500 is perfect for my hand.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Now, yes, but once upon a type the G9 was as good as it got.

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The G500 will actually be a nice fit for my hands since I have large hands and use a mouse right handed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts