Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone seen the Tapwave Zodiac and LJZ?

LJZ Is a multy system emu that emulates:

Game Boy
Game Boy Color
Sega genises
NES
SNES
Neo Geo pocket
wonder swan
TG16

This is the coolest thing ever to have all these systems in the palm of your hand. I have over 800 game on my zodiac 2 on a Sd Card. LJZ is free ware and is still in beta but for beta it if realy quite good

For those that don't know what the Zodiac is It is a palm power PDA with controls design for gaming. it comes in to flavers, The Zodiac 1 or 2 the only diffrence is the 1 has 32 megs of ram and the 2 has 128. Both modles have large 3.8in, 480 x 320 colour display 8 meg 2d ati video anilog joystick controler stareo speakers 2 Sd card slots. it will Play Games MP3s videos and view photos. Plus it has
sevral good Palm apps built in

Tapwave.com

If you have any questions about LJZ or the Zod goto

Zodiac Gamer

OK for some reson that link is down this link works.

Zodiac gamer

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
The second link doesn't work :/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zodiac Gamer seem to be down right now, it sucks becaue I live at that site am there all the time Oh well it should be back up sometime today I hope

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Thanks for that link. Are there any videos of a Zodic running these games? I would love to see :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not bad, but the GP32 can already do all of these and play movies Divx/mpeg Mp3 etc.. and at a much cheaper price.

www.gp32x.com Why buy zodiac.. if this thing does basically the same thing? if i remember right the zodiac just has more RAM.

ive had my GP32 for about a year now and its neato, 128MB SMC and u can fit lots of games and a few encoded episodes of something to watch on it, better off with this.

no offense but the gp32 has much better coders for emu's out at this current stage.. :agree:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the zodiac Specs speak for them selfs 200 Mghrt prosseser 8meg ati Video prosseser 32 to 128 megs ram yamaha sound chip. I think the GP32 has a 166 prosseser not shure on the video and sound. give the zod a chance developers are getting there and there will be more to come. lets see when the zods been out as long as the GP32

·
Emu author
1,488 Posts
We're talking about the new backlit GP32 right? That's more expensive, otherwise Zodiac has a major advantage over an unlit GP32. Zodiac has much more power and higher resolution. Last I heard even the best SNES emulators on GP32 aren't that great. Zodiac also has more potential to fully emulate GBA than GP32... Not to mention the fact that it has more buttons, meaning that emulators for systems with a lot of buttons won't suffer.

And finally, Zodiac is a full-fledged Palm, with stylus. I'd say it has a lot more going for it over GP32 than just more RAM. There may be more developers specifically for GP32 than for Zodiac, but there are also far more developers for PalmOS than GP32.

Doesn't GP32 also use AA batteries? And isn't it limited to 128MB SMC cards? I don't believe Zodiac has this limitation.

Also looks like the movie players cost money and you have to ramp the CPU all the way to the max to get decent framerates, killing battery life...

And as pathetic as this is, I think Zodiac actually has better exclusive software than GP32. Both platforms are terrible in this regard.

All in all, I think the Zodiac has a lot going for it to put it over the GP32, even though it costs over $100 more. I'm more interested in PSP though.

- Exo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts