Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well..i decided to see hw tales of symphonia dawn of the new world was workin in dolphin..and after viewing the forums..i was able to use a save to skip the tuts and skip the buggy parts..well the game runs fine...infact better than tales of symphonia gc version:???:...controls are okay and everythin BUT i cant see health bars or the menu DURING combat...the items parts and stuff are okay its same as 1 and hence i dont hav probs..but viewing the health during combat will probably be really important later in the game...:(

i heard turning on smg hack makes menus appear but the @@%@ thing wont lemme turn it on...it keeps unchecking itself when i quit the options...the rev i use is 3089..any later revs i cant get the controls to work....help poor guy out here lol:mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
i juz tried the rev available in home page of dolphin ..3402...and realized i HAD to hold a and b together to go past the main menu...good thing was at least i was able to emulate the wiimote....the other NEW revs hav it completely broken...anyway the gameplay is really slow in this rev.. BUT i can see health bars i can see names and stuff but game runs slower than it runs on 3089(which is almost perfect)...sniff sniff....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i got this solved a while back lol..go here-->tales of symphonia 2- the revision u guys use to play it properly(health bar issue)

if some1 is lazy to click link here is wat i did....

RE: tales of symphonia 2- the revision u guys use to play it properly(health bar issue)

(06-25-2009 12:01 PM)rayhansen Wrote:

(
06-25-2009 05:17 AM)vikzsan Wrote: i juz tried the rev available in home page of dolphin ..3402...and realized i HAD to hold a and b together to go past the main menu...good thing was at least i was able to emulate the wiimote....the other NEW revs hav it completely broken...anyway the gameplay is really slow in this rev.. BUT i can see health bars i can see names and stuff but game runs slower than it runs on 3089(which is almost perfect)...sniff sniff....

I have played this game for a while, im at chapter 6 i think 20hrs of gameplay and ive noticed no problems. The game runs perfect, just small crashes from time to time but still playable. I use rev 3286, and for the menus to appear u have to use sonic and the black knight hack. The configuration i use is on the pics i uploaded.
hope that helped you

thanks man..the sonic and the black knight hack and the rev 3286 did the trick,it showed menus and worked perfectly
thats abt it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm i hav done abt 20 hrs of gameplay...in end of chapter 7 now...true the game does freeze sometimes during cutscenes..but not much...it doesnt freeze during battle for me...the key is to save a lot i guess

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,401 Posts
I'm at a condundrum, in the first cave where Emil has to fight the slime, the slime's hp doesn't go down and he's doomed to fight the thing for all eternity.

I followed all the recommended settings, downgraded to the recommended SVN, but they all seem to get stuck there. Latest public SVN build also doesn't seem to acknowledge 16:9 ratio and renders at 4:3 anyway. Uwah... :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm at a condundrum, in the first cave where Emil has to fight the slime, the slime's hp doesn't go down and he's doomed to fight the thing for all eternity.

I followed all the recommended settings, downgraded to the recommended SVN, but they all seem to get stuck there. Latest public SVN build also doesn't seem to acknowledge 16:9 ratio and renders at 4:3 anyway. Uwah... :(
hey bud for the time being use the rev 3286 or anythin which is able to emulate the wiimote properly lol...for the slime thing get a save from gamefaq...one of those saves has a complete video walkthrough of wat u missed in the cave if u use the save..its not much..pretty much everything after u use the save is ok...apart from the ocassional crashes..:eyemove:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.