Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Back to regular business
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, it's official now: Tales of Phantasia will get releases outside of Japan :D

IGN.com said:
November 3, 2005 - Reggie Fils-Aimes, Nintendo's executive vice president of sales and marketing, revealed the early line-up of games coming to Nintendo handhelds and consoles early next year.

Game Boy:
Drill Dozer: February 6
Tales of Phantasia: March 6
First Tales of Eternia (PSP, remade, EUROPE!!!) and now this...

· Heretic
2,771 Posts
I bet the people working on the translation for the PSX are going to be annoyed right now. Though honestly I think they deserve it for taking 4 years to translate 5% of a game.

· Souless Angel
900 Posts
It's coming out for the Gameboy Advance. I'm hoping now that they'll realse Tales of Destiny II here in America. I don't care if they have to change the name. I want my ToD II.

"Nintendo of Europe has announced that it will be releasing Tales of Phantasia for the Game Boy Advance towards the end of the first quarter of 2006. Though the title started a gaming phenomenon with its original release on the Super Famicom, spawning a series with more than a dozen entries, it has never seen release outside of Japan.

The first game in Namco's Tales series has been released on three consoles: first on the Super Nintendo (called the Super Famicom in Japan) in 1995; then Sony's PlayStation in 1998, with a rerelease as part of the PlayStation The Best series in 2000; and lastly, the Nintendo Game Boy Advance in 2003. Despite the news of a European release, word of a North American release remains nonexistent. RPGamer would like the thank reader Kat_Ears_Kahrain for the tip.

Update: IGN is reporting that Tales of Phantasia for the GBA will also see release in North America sometime in 2006. Keep your eyes on RPGamer for the latest developments to this story." - RPGGamer

3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vanit said:
bet the people working on the translation for the PSX are going to be annoyed right now. Though honestly I think they deserve it for taking 4 years to translate 5% of a game.
But you sure have noticed the nice progress they made, haven't you?

· No People, No Problems
651 Posts
Tales of Phantasia is already 100% translated by DeJap, it's been for the last 2 years, and Star Ocean too.

· Banned
1,400 Posts
I'm hoping now that they'll realse Tales of Destiny II here in America. I don't care if they have to change the name. I want my ToD II.
Tales of Destiny II was released in America.

Tales of Phantasia Hitting US, Europe
11.03.05 - 5:01 PM

Reggie Fils-Aimes, Nintendo's Vice President of Sales and Marketing, has announced that Tales of Phantasia will be hitting US shores for the Game Boy Advance. Originally released in December of 1995 for the Super Famicom, Tales of Phantasia was then ported to the GBA in August of 2003 in Japan. The US release of Tales of Phantasia will hit March 6, 2006. Nintendo of Europe has also announced that Phantasia will hit that region on March 31, 2006.

This announcement comes hot on the heels of UbiSoft's announcement of the European release of Tales of Eternia for the PSP. No US release has yet been announced.
http://rpgfan.com/news/2005/2028.html

· Souless Angel
900 Posts
Tales of Destiny II was not released in America. Tales of Etnernia was released in America with Tales of Destiny II name. This was to boost sales of ToE.

ToD II is for the PS2, and is a direct continuation of ToD. Following Stahn & Rutee's child.

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/talesofdestinyps2/Tales_Of_Destiny_PS2.html

Alot of people get this mixed up. There's alot of the Tales series we have not recieved.

Here is a list of the Tales games

Tales of Phantasia (SNES,PSX,GBA) JP Only (Til the recent anouncement)
Tales of Destiny (PSX) - JP,USA
Tales of Eternia (PSX) - JP Tales of Destiny II (USA) (Same Game)
Tales of Destiny II (PS2) - JP Only
Tales of Symphonia - JP,USA for GC ver. JP only PS2 Ver.
Tales of Rebirth (PS2) - JP Only
Tales of Abyss (PS2) - JP Only
Tales of Legendia (PS2) - JP, USA
Tales of Narikiri Dungeon (GBC) - JP
Tales of Narikiri Dungeon (GBA) - JP
Tales of NArikiri Dungeon (GBA) - JP
Tales of Summoner Lineage (GBA) - JP
Tales of Fandom (PS2) - JP
Tales of Eternia Online (PC) - JP

· Souless Angel
900 Posts
Tales of Eternia was released in America, under the ToDII name, which hinders the chance of them bringing over the actual ToDII.

Don't be a smart ....

3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Typhoon 01 said:
Tales of Phantasia is already 100% translated by DeJap, it's been for the last 2 years, and Star Ocean too.
Well... you are right considering the SNES and the _horrible_ GBA port. The PSX version, however was a complete remake, including scripts, dialogues and graphics. Visit www.tales-cless.org for further information why they decided to make their own translation.

· NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
It's coming out for the Gameboy Advance. I'm hoping now that they'll realse Tales of Destiny II here in America. I don't care if they have to change the name. I want my ToD II.
Good news! ToP is great although I don't think anyone can ToP the dejap release :D
I too want ToD II I was holding the game in Japan and came so close to buying it! But I wasn't confident enough with my japanese to buy it! :(, They simply most do a english release of it though, considering how good Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Eternia are! ToD I was a bit of a let down though, even if that too was an above average RPG.

· Registered
7,407 Posts
.. Yes!

3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ChankastRules said:
ToD I was a bit of a let down though, even if that too was an above average RPG.
Yeah, it was a bit too cliché at some points and the ending was a bit too short, if you ask me. On the other hand it had some really nice ideas like the Aethersphere and pretty cool characters.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.