Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tales of destiny 2 (eternia)
---so i looked thru the forums for at least an hour or 2, lots of stuff on this game, tried using a bunch of ppl's config settings, this is the 1st of quite a few games ive ever had trouble running...the games seems to run almost perfect, EXCEPT, when i push a direction button it seems to think im either holding the button in or hitting it multiple times? it almost wouldnt even bother me, but the menu screens are extremely hard to navigate (it took me like 5 minutes to get the cursor to land on the save menu to save my game to even be able to mess with configs) im using the same system/plugins/configs that ive got countless games to run flawlessly on...im hoping its something really simple i can fix, idk tho...anyone whos had this problem and fixed it?? id really appreciate some help if possible, this game looks completely awesome so far and this is the 1st time epsxe has given me ANY trouble whatsoever... (ps..i have 4 different 'pete's' plugins and tried them all on many settings...open gl2-2.9...open gl1.77...dx6 d3d 1.77...and d3d 1.77...)

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
do you have frame skipping enabled? there are a few other possibilities i have in mind but im going to start with the basics here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
so last nite i was just messing with all kinds of nonsensical settings changing random things in hope to get it to work, i tried just using the keyboard instead of controller, to see if that would work...keyboard works fine...so then i had the idea to just set my directional buttons with the keyboard and the analog sticks with the controller so i could use the keyboard for all my menu navigating.,..for some reason when i did that and tried playing again, the anolog stick was working fine for navigating the menus (strange?) so i then tried setting the directional buttons back up with the gamepad and now they work totally fine (again, strange?) but now my x button is doing the same thing (probably was the whole time but didnt notice since i couldnt even get the dpad to work, lol) its acting like im pushing it multiple times when i push it once, which isnt ALL that bad, except its really tricky to change my skills and equipment (gotta time it REALLY well and try a few times to be able to equip stuff) i can deal with tta i guess, but when i go to use items it will think im pushing it a buncha times and suck out my item inventory really really fast, which ISNT good at all... like i said, this is like the at least 20th game (moslty all rpgs) ive played thru with epsxe using the same controller, computer, plugins, everything...and this is the 1st time ive ever ran into any trouble whatsoever (my sound is kinda messed up too, especially with the voices like alot of ppl seem to have trouble with, but its completely tolerable, i just want the controls to work) i dont know if its a video setting issue, or an issue with my controller, but ive never had this controller not work before ..oh...im runinng epsxe 1.7 and using a dual anaolog style axis pad controller, and yes i have tested other games out to see if my controller is just *****ed up, and other games work completely fine)

oh, and i had frame skipping off, tried turning it on, made the screen flicker like crazy and controls were still not working just the same

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok...lol...it must be something with my controller i guess, i dont know why its only this game its screwey with tho, i just setup my controller to use all my L and R buttons to be my normal x, o, triangle, square buttons and it works fine this way, its kinda hard to get used to but, its the best i can do i guess... if anyone has any ideas as to why its doing this let me know tho

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...nevermind...i guess that only made the menus work proper, when i go into battle the contols are all messed up now, it wont let use l/r buttons as attack it still tries to target or use specials, meaning i cant even attack at all cept with special, lol... im prety usre this is a controller issue tho still and not a video issue.... but its really bugging me, i dont have access to other controllers and the way the battles are in this game i dont think i could get used to using a keyboard very well at all :( is there maybe a dif controller plugin i could get or something else anyone can think of?????????

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
please start your own thread instead of hijacking others or take it up via PM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i never had to fix it...the only thing wrong with my sound is you can hear the 1st syllable of the next person's speech at the end of the 1st persons speech, its a little annoying but nothing i cant handle, and everyonce and a while the music goes a little nuts for like 1 or 2 seconds, also not too big of a bother.... my controls still dont work very well, i kinda rigged it up by switching all kinds of buttons to different places, still not flawless and i keep forgetting which buttons to push, but im only like 3 hours into the game, so ill hopefully get used to it relatively soon...or figure out a way to just make it work the normal way...

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
are you sure this is the only game that is having this problem? can you post screenshots of how you have all your plugins configured, a shot of your input menu, and possibly some info on your main system specs (cpu brand and model, video card, O/S, etc.)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah ive played many games without ever changing things, and since this game hasnt worked ive gone back and tried a bunch of games and they seem to be fine....i tried all the different pad types, right now my gamepad has its buttons mapped all over the place, cuz for some reason certain buttons will work when mapped to other buttons (idk, why) my currently im suing espxe 1.7 with petes open driver 2gl driver 2.9 with epsxe spu core 1.7.0 (sounds isnt that intolerable tho) with spch-1200 dual shock slected as controller type (i tried all the controller types and al have same problem, unless i map buttons to keyboard), but heres some screenshots for ya
http://forums.ngemu.com/members/aprilzero/albums/tod2-settings-188/

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had the same problem, it seems to be an issue with epsxe 1.7.0, i have 2 pads and it happened to me with both... so i dont think its your pad... anyway i downloaded epsxe 1.6.0. (with the same plugins and bios i used with 1.7.0.) and the problem dissapears... it's been a year since you posted this, anyway i hope my answer is helpful and that you still wanna play TOD2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.