Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by sephiroth7778
I am using Kazzuya Software Driver ALPHA 1.6.
I have already used oother plug-ins, but it just won't work.
Not all GPUs support the screenshot function. maybe that's the problems. I don't use Kazzuya's, so I can't confirm this.

[]s Badaro

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
It may be worth checking that a subdirectory called SNAP exists under the main ePSXe directory. If not, create it.
My plugin will create the directory if it is not there, but I don't know if everyone else's plugins will. It could cause the plugin a problem if the directory is not there.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Most GPU plugins (certainly Pete's and mine, not checked others) output screenshots as uncompressed 24-bit Windows BMP format (why? because it's easy, and per-pixel correct with the emulated image, except colour-expanded to 24bit).
The size of the screenshot is clearly dependant on the resolution that you run the emulator in. So at 640x480, the file size is roughly 640x480x3bytes = 921600bytes = 900kb. But at 1600x1200, it would be 1600x1200x3bytes = 5760000bytes = 5625kb = 5.49Mb. To be precise, there is an extra 56 bytes of data: 54 bytes header, 2 bytes tail.
If you wish to use the screenshot for some purpose, there are plenty of freeware/shareware/commercial programs that will convert that format to one of the zillion other graphics formats, and allow you to rescale/resample/compress the image to your heart's content :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts