Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update: Documents for the case have appeared online, revealing that, among other things, Take-Two is demanding a copy of the Duke Nukem Forever source code.

Original: Take-Two Interactive, publisher of Duke Nukem Forever, has filed suit against the remains of Apogee Ltd./3D Realms for failing to deliver the long-awaited title.

Take-Two claims that an agreement to finish the shooter was breached when 3D Realms shut down development last week. At the time of the studio's closing, Duke Nukem Forever had been in development for over 12 years.

More here: Take-Two Sues 3D Realms for Failing to Deliver Duke Nukem Forever - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

lol..

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
it would've been cheaper to simply give 3DR the money they needed to finish the game >.>

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Take Two thought there was going to be a real game being released? :?: There are people more naive than me after all! :p :d

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Maybe if they do get the source code they can ask for a copyright extension ala Sonny Bono's extension to Disney, and our Great Grandchildren will be able to pick up the game assuming PCs and Gamestops still exist?

;)

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Take Two must be fighting for the rights of this guy who preordered since 2001.

Way more patient than me! I didn't last 6 months on BleemPod *You're welcome Samor! :evil: * and I HOPE I don't have to do anything like that for Batman: Arkham Asylum.

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,083 Posts
lol poor guy since 2001, sure hope this game will be launch it has win written all over it and such a thing is rare with today's games.
Actually most of todays games look completely awesome until you actually play them.

Take Two must be fighting for the rights of this guy who preordered since 2001.

I hope he saved that receipt........

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Actually most of todays games look completely awesome until you actually play them..

only if you're a graphics whore.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
bam! right in the face once again! ... you just have to, don't you ;)
Sorry, I couldn't resist! :evil: At least I gave them 6 months to produce a decent PlayStation to Dreamcast adapter... I finally did get one from another company, but a few games, namely Daytona USA, don't like that adapter for some reason...

oO

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.