Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my powercolor radeon 9700 pro in the mail today. It was oem refurb and didnt come with the power cable so I attached a "floppy" cable as suggested at another forum.

My system will not power-on with this card in it. If I pull the card and put back in my geforce 3 ti500 it WILL power-on.

I have tried resetting the bios.

My motherboard is an aopen AK-77 400n. I got it from newegg, I hope they allow a return on a dead refurb.

Any ideas?

Thx,
-Uni

Edit:

OK so I started looking through my aopen manual and it says that the mobo doesnt support 3.3v graphics cards and that there is a light that lights up when there is a damaging card in the slot(and the light is lit when I have the power supply turned on while the card is in the slot)...but isnt 8x agp .8v...or 1.5v?

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Yea i was about to say that.,..try unplugging cd rom drives and see if it boots, if it does then its a psu overload. if not, then i dunno.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried unplugging all my optical drives and it didnt work, I am using a 400 watt psu. I think it is a problem with the graphics card...I'm going with newegg rma tomorrow if Aopen cant help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts