Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first of all why did an admin ban my other email address i was only on for 1 day and i don't think i posted anything and got banned whats going on?!
Anyway my computer has these specs:
Windows XP
Pentium II
400MHZ
128MB RAM
Directx 8.1 (maybe 9)
Above 4MB graphics card but below 8MB
Would ePSXe work on my computer? I want to play Star Ocean The Second Story and Final Fantasy VI and below. The NES, SNES, GB, GBC and Genesis work on my computer (thats all I have tried).

·
Registered
212 Posts
why not just try it and see if works or not :)

128mb ram and windows xp don't mix too well, id suggest either upgrading cpu/mobo + ram (not just ram.. mainly due to when next upgrade it would be waste of cash), or installing older version of windows such as win 98 se :)

gl

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
what is your other account? i can check it in the admin CP and see what's up. it might've gotten stuck in limbo or something.

anyway good luck with that computer...its a POS. your gfx card sucks so HW accel is out of the question. you might be able to do a software GPU (an old one like Kazzuya's, or something) if you use either eternal lite or perhaps even a null sound plugin.

and for FF6 and below---please use ZSNES. do not play FFA or FFC, they are horrible.

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
I can safely say that Star Ocean 2 is going to be horrible. On my P3/933-512 RAM and graphics at the lowest spec it was barely playable. The real-time battles won't be fun at all if the game doesn't run smoothly.

Edit: Forgot to mention, that PC had a GeForce2 MMX card.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.