Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Something apparently corrupted my profile ( atleast i think my profile) again. Windows is Hanging Majorly at startup. The Only reason i can get into hear now is because i booted into safemode w/ networking. When windows hangs like that in startup (if its because my profile is corrupted) is their a way to repair it without doing a full reinstall? Im Transfering everything to my other drive right now prepairing to do a reinstall if i have to, but only if i have too.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Hmmm ... Well unless you can pin point the problem, than I don't really know what to say. Yea, I always manage to screw up windows too :p If you didn't than that sucks :p Well a fresh install is always nice IMO.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Have you tried last knowned configuration, using system restore etc?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the last know configuration seems to be hanging also. i actualy waited to see if it would start up but i ended up waiting like nearly 5mins, it never did start up and i had to restart again. :( if its not the profile being corrupt what else could case it too hang

·
band
4,912 Posts
iirc, if u put in the winxp cd at startup and boot into that, theres a "repair" option for repairing your winxp installation. mebe u cud give that a try?

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
No! I tried that once. It ended up replacing all the files and configurations, to what it is like when you first install windows originally. You mine as well just do a fresh install and format.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like Razorblade said, that "Repair" Option doesnt really repair anything, i tried it too. I just wiped my hd for some reason. so i was forced into a reinstall :rolleyes: I still would like to know what caused my system to hang like that so i wont be forced into another reinstall. (glad i still have my old 40gig Right now)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Hmmm install any programs recently, about the time this started happening?

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Hmmm well you coulf backup your save file and uninstall that? It's worth a try at least. Usually it is some backround process running that hangs things up ... Check for spyware recently? You should also defrag ;)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
When booting into safemode, do you use your usual profile, or the administration one? If you are using your profile, then it's probably some program wich starts with windows. Try uninstalling your latest installed programs, and rolling back drivers on any device you have recently changed. Scan your pc for virus, adware and so, one of those little bugs might be causing this.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I booted i was using my usual profile, i loaded it in safe mode and just conluded it was either the profile or something that windows startup didnt like. But regardless i reinstalled so :hdbash:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts