Next Generation Emulation banner

System.cnf

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Azumi 
#1 ·
I try to run a game (before you say its not ment to play games yet bla bla, your a noob, get lost,lock this therd) you know what you say to everone. well what dose it meen. also it is a image of a ps2 game. bla bla

#2 ·
I don't see the point of the thread. What is your problem/question?

If the emu doesn't find the System.cnf, try loading the main elf (the one with SLxxyyy.zz) .

#4 ·
if its an image you ve got then to play the elf you v got to mount the image in a prog like daemon tools. the elf file can be found in the games root folder with the format of SLxxyyy.zz (like GiGaHeRz said) where the xx should be two letters and the yyy and zz should be numbers. i dont know if i understood the 2nd question but if you re asking how to load the elf, just select file -> Open ELF File and choose the file.

Glad i could help. if i did help :rotflmao:

#6 ·
with me. probably your prob is yer plugin. try using PEops CDVD Plugin 1.2 mounting the image in daemon tools and then selecting the drive of daemon tools as the drive used by the plugin. or give cdvddraft plugin a try. if neither of these work, yer prob may be the image check if the image isn't curropt or incomplete.

#7 ·
dsfas said:
I try to run a game (before you say its not ment to play games yet bla bla, your a noob, get lost,lock this therd) you know what you say to everone. well what dose it meen. also it is a image of a ps2 game. bla bla
I think what your asking is "what does the system.cnf file do?" correct?

In a nutshell it's just an autoplay script file (you can open it in any text editor and read it). Actually it's pretty similar to the autorun.inf file on pc disks. When you insert the disk, the system first scans for this file, and reads it in order to find out where the exe (or elf on a ps2) is located, what parameters to use etc.... It also allows the system to determine if the disk is either a psx or ps2 game (boot=XX for psx, boot2=XX for ps2).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.