Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the game Syphon Filter (the first one), whenever some idiot kills me, ePSXe dies too. The screen fades black like normal, but then freezes and doesn't respond with a forever black screen that requires a ctrl+alt+del to get out of. Syphon Filter 2 does not have this problem.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
plugins, settings?

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Hmm,
AFAIR it is an old problem. Enabling "short dma chain fix" option in older pete's gpus solved it but pete removed that option since it wasnt required. With new gpus it should have worked correctly but doesnt seems like that.

Ichan: You and hushy are popularising that two word post. ;)

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
the two word post saves time when you go through reading every single post in the PSX discussion :p

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
I could elaborate more, but i'd end asking the same thing :( . There are still many games that i don't know their specific problem, as this one, so the first thing i'll look for is a misconfiguration. Kowing plugin set and configurations for them is a must then :p .
[/offtopic].

Blueshogun96, you should then try with older versions of ePSXe and/or pete's plugins.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I-Chan said:
I could elaborate more, but i'd end asking the same thing :( . There are still many games that i don't know their specific problem, as this one, so the first thing i'll look for is a misconfiguration. Kowing plugin set and configurations for them is a must then :p .
[/offtopic].

Blueshogun96, you should then try with older versions of ePSXe and/or pete's plugins.
I'm using pete's plugins right now. I'm assuming they are old. My version of ePSXe is 160. Then again, it might be the game. Because I have NEVER used an emu that didn't have at least one problem with Syphon Filter.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
dj4monie, please show more respect to the [rules]rules[/rules]. That kind of things is not to be discused here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts