Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I've been playing this game with no problems the whole time so far, but in Stage 12 I somehow started getting Graphic glitches:

I've tried lowering some graphic settings already in hopes of resolving this, but it's not helping. Does anyone know what might be causing glitches like this to occur? So far it's only happening in Stage 12. All the other levels (even ones with lots of effects like snow and rain), haven't had this problem yet..

Pete's OpenGL2 v2.9 Settings:
Code:
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: Radeon X1650 Series 

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 2
- Internal Y resolution: 2
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: on 
- VRam size: 512 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on 
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 2
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on 
- Screen filtering: on 
- Shader effects: 5/3
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Try using another graphic plugin. xD

·
Tyrant
555 Posts
Have you watched the console output yet?
It could be 1 or more bad sectors also.
Not every read error causes the CD plugins to crash or stop working.

EDIT:
IT could also be that you had "Error-correction" ON while dumping the image, which would cause bad gfx too (in the best case).

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not crashing though..

YouTube - Syphon Filter - Stage 13: Stronghold Lower Level (Part 3/3)

Take a look over here in this video, you'll see it happen frequently. And the bug gets in my face especially much while I was trying to aim for this one bad guy across the screen at about 13 seconds into the video. And that's how it is for the entire Stage 12 and 13. The other stages haven't had this problem yet.

·
Tyrant
555 Posts
Those are typical clipping-errors.
Sorry, don't know how to fix them. (I don't have Syphon Filter to look for a solution)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Syphon Filter Graphics Fix

Hello,

On Syphon Filter you have to go to your Video Config and hit the special game fixes button. Then go into that option and choose 0x0010, 0x0020, and 0x0040. That did it for me. I am using Pete's DX6 D3D driver 1.77.

Let me know if it worked or not.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I already finished the game, but I'll give it a try though, thanks.

Going to do a Syphon Filter 2 playthrough, and the same glitches occur there, so it's worth a shot. I'll let you know whenever I get to it and post here.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ok, I applied those gamefixes, and it did fix that glitch. But now I have another problem.

My Armor Bar and Danger Bar don't show up. They're just empty spots. Any idea about that one?

Edit:
NVM FIXED IT.

Here's what I did:

1. I downloaded ATI Catalyst 9.9 from filehippo.com
2. I chose to install to C:\ATI, so the files were extracted there, and then I canceled the installation before it actually put the older drivers in my computer.
3. I expanded the packed .dl_ (atio6axx.dl_ and atioglxx.dl_) files to actual .dll files inside the ATI installation folder.
4. I copied atiogldxx.dll to the main ePSXe folder, so that ePSXe uses this file instead of the 'newer' file that ATI's latest drivers have.
5. Played Syphon Filter, and done, the Armor and Danger bar show up. Currently uploading screenshots of before and after the change.

Bugged Start Screen:

Fixed Start Screen:

Bugged Armor & Danger Bar:

Fixed Armor & Danger bars(!):

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.